Oddly-shaped rifle safe?

Goliathan

NES Member
I'd like to get a basic rifle safe to hold my first couple of handguns as well as a hunting shotgun and my future dream AR build with ammo. The ideal spot so far is in my closet (the wife has her own) but space is very limited. Inside the door there's only 12" from the door to the inside walls on both sides of the door, and the closet is only 24" deep.

I guess if I could build my own safe if would sit against one side wall facing inward, so the depth of the safe would need to be ~12", but it could be as much as 24" wide and up to 5 and change feet tall depending on how wide it is.

I'd prefer something electronic keypad, I think, with a key backup. I looked at the Barska small rifle safe, and it's close, I just wish it was a little taller and half again as wide. I feel like cramming two or three rifles in there would just about be the limit, even without ammo and handguns.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks!

Do you have a basement or other space - the closet sounds really small - basement may give you more options/ideas.

To echo the advice given to me on this site (which I didn't listen to :) was to buy a bigger safe then you think you will need as it doesn't take too long to fill - I am thus onto safe #2 to fill all the goodies.

Back
Top Bottom