Obama says, "No more Federal arming of police with military weapons"

At an order of magnitude the cost they were getting it direct, which the funding will come from the Feds. Sigh...

I was still happy to see a road bump, at least, for Jack Booted Thuggery. Congress should double down and take away the Bearcats too.

What does NEMLEC say about this? Anyone?

Not even a road bump this is equivalent to a single mosquito bite.

I thought we all ready have the federal JBT squad in the form of DHS?

That's what I see. I also think at any given point the national badges could be passed out to all LEO.
If local police where dead set against federalization they would not accept ANY federal aid.

If society thinks a large percent of our current armed government agencies won't follow orders your fools. Look at all the shit that's going down. We have troops in my mind basically going on assassination missions. Drone mission into foreign country's launching rockets at potential terrorist all while civilians get killed. Most recently we went into a foreign country killed some people and kidnapped a women.
This is not a violation of rights at some level being US or foreign law?
Now want me to be impressed make all the gear the police can get available to all US citizens also. We will be again a country well armed to handle all threats.

That's what I see. I also think at any given point the national badges could be passed out to all LEO.
If local police where dead set against federalization they would not accept ANY federal aid.

If society thinks a large percent of our current armed government agencies won't follow orders your fools. Look at all the shit that's going down. We have troops in my mind basically going on assassination missions. Drone mission into foreign country's launching rockets at potential terrorist all while civilians get killed. Most recently we went into a foreign country killed some people and kidnapped a women.
This is not a violation of rights at some level being US or foreign law?
Now want me to be impressed make all the gear the police can get available to all US citizens also. We will be again a country well armed to handle all threats.
Exactly, if citizens are armed to the same extent as police there is no problem.

Maybe Obama is walking-back military equipment handouts because he doesn't want to face them when he federalizes Local and State P.D.s....

He's also restricting riot gear like shields, helmets and batons because the "protesters" in Ferguson, NYC and Baltimore weren't able to actually kill any cops with their rocks and Molotov cocktails. It'll be more fair next time.

He's also restricting riot gear like shields, helmets and batons because the "protesters" in Ferguson, NYC and Baltimore weren't able to actually kill any cops with their rocks and Molotov cocktails. It'll be more fair next time.

Citation? My understanding is that such gear is OK for transfer. Also remember this is about Federal transfer and provision... Not controlling what departments can procure or maintain on their own without federal assistance.

Citation? My understanding is that such gear is OK for transfer. Also remember this is about Federal transfer and provision... Not controlling what departments can procure or maintain on their own without federal assistance.

Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

What is being restricted is stuff that most agencies weren't getting anyways. Okay, so you're putting a halt to militarizing the police by prohibiting excessing Apaches, tanks, land mines, and sniper rifles to law enforcement. Well, if these things weren't happening anyways, we've accomplished absolutely nothing, but made some really, REALLY, stupid people feel good so they'll continue to support the destruction of a once great nation at the hands of her elected officials. Kind of like the no bayonet lugs on scary guns in MA thing - it doesn't do a damned thing about the problem of criminals shooting people with duct-taped together Hi-Point .380's, but if you're dumber than flash frozen dogshit, you feel warm and fuzzy that the government is doing the right thing and making you feel safer, for the super low introductory price of liberty.

(That was NOT sarcasm. I'm getting really, really pissed off at how stupid - not ignorant, but downright window licking, paste eating, mouth breathing stupid our society is getting. Like that little brat in NH trying to get her 15 minutes of fame with her 'look, I hate America too!' tantrum.)

Need coffee. Getting too pissed off too early in the morning.

Last edited:
Bearing Arms has more detail than CNN. Read down a few paragraphs and see where the cops now have to beg their mayor or city council for permission to buy protective helmets and riot shields.
http://bearingarms.com/obama-divider-slaps-law-enforcement-nationwide-ban-military-equipment/

Back
Top Bottom