Obama proclaims 9/26/09 National Hunting and Fishing Day!

Mike S

NES Member
Seriously.

Here's the info.

Quick, somebody find the fine print where we need to share the fish with the village, and also will be required to turn in our firearms. It has to be in there somewhere, I know I'm missing it... [laugh]

Does that mean we can hunt early this year now? Hard to have a hunting day when you can't hunt.

Does that mean we can hunt early this year now? Hard to have a hunting day when you can't hunt.

(snort[laugh]) I was wondering who would pick up on that first. I get the feeling that BO would go for a hike in loafers/no socks, Teddy Roosevelt he isn't, that's for sure.. [rofl]

What he really means is hunting with pointy sticks, not evil guns.

Strange how this "supporter of the Second Amendment" never mentioned it.

Well, you could always go hunting for some grey squirrel...

Is there any other season going on besides that right now?

Last edited:
Hope his advisor Cass Sunstein doesn't hear about this! Maybe hunting will only be allowed with plastic nerf tipped arrows.

Lame attempt at pretending he won't try and confiscate hunting rifles or ban hunting, only ban those "evil" guns... Do the FUDDs really buy into this bull?

Reading it sans tinfoil hat it looks alright. When I put on the tinfoil hat and use my secret decoder ring the following sets off the spidey sense...

As our citizens continue to enjoy our Nation’s natural resources, we must remember that this privilege brings great responsibility. Not long ago, hunting threatened the extinction of the American Bison, an enduring symbol of the American West. Today, their population has recovered because of the cooperative efforts of conservationists and hunters. Many species, however, still require our protection. We can no longer look to our wilderness, as some once did, as land full of unlimited bounty and surplus. Recognizing the need for conservation, our hunters and anglers have worked hard to manage local ecosystems where wildlife remain, as well as to protect those areas where they are slowly re-establishing viable populations.

[pot]

Does "manage local ecosystems where wildlife remain" have a similar ring to "reasonable restrictions" to anyone?

Even though this may be one more brick in the road, I think our energies are better focused elsewhere.

How can I get busted for wacking one out of season when the President says it's alright? [rofl]

There must not be a penalty for wacking out of season, I've been doing it all year long. On an unrelated note, anyone know a good eye doctor? [wink]

Back
Top Bottom