NY Southern Tier Appleseed Aug 22-23

Range: Private land

Address: 154 Warner Road, Van Etten, NY

When: Aug 22-23, 2009

Range fee: None

Range Capacity: 60+

Camping Available: Primitive, Free

Hotels: Watkins Glen, Ithaca, Elmira, Waverly, Owego areas. All are about the same distance away.

Directions: 20 miles SSW of Ithaca, NY; 20 miles NW of Owego, NY; 20 miles E of Watkins Glen, NY; 20 miles NE of Elmira, NY; and 15 miles N of Waverly/Athens/Sayre, PA. Warner Road runs east/west, south of route 34/96. The eastern end of Warner Road turns into Sabin Road as it comes into Spencer NY.

State Laws to be aware of: 10 round mag limit, unless pre-ban. NY still has an "Assault Weapons" ban.
www.oag.state.ny.us Disclaimer: we attempt to tell you the most important ones, mag size etc. but you are required to check for yourself.

Range Rules: No special rules

Misc: Up to 500 yard target line available. We will be shooting distance at this event.

Daytime parking on west edge of field. Local restaurants are open, best one is the Main Street Cafe.

Local grocery store open all weekend.

Who to contact for more information: B964 - NY State Coordinator 607-727-9282
[email protected]

Registration Link:Aug Appleseed: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/187254082

This is a beautiful spot, free camping on site (primitive), and a great group of Instructors. I might even be there, as I love this place.

I'll bet there will be some Full Distance (out to 500 yards, though we probably won't be doing Full Distance AQT's) shooting going on Sunday afternoon as well, and the host usually drags out a .50 BMG rifle and some Tannerite.

NY is much nicer to rifle owners than MA is. They still have an AWB (including mags) in effect, but that's it. No special permits required otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom