Number of hunters falls, worrying some

I am still worried that most politicians think hunters are who need to be catered to in order to appear "gun friendly".

I am worried that most anti-gun politicians still say "we don't want to take guns from hunters" "we only want to take assault weapons and dangerous handguns off the street".

Let's face it, target and self defense shooters MUST take the place of hunters in the public's image when the words firearm and Second Amendment are mentioned. Why? Because neither firearms nor the Second Amendment are necessary for hunting.

IMO, if the popularity of archery hunting continues, the next generation of hunters will not even consider rifles and shotguns to be at all necessary for big game hunting.

Hunting and the right to keep and bear arms must be separated. Hunting with firearms is a nice by-product of the RKBA. The RKBA exists for other, far more important reasons.

I am still worried that most politicians think hunters are who need to be catered to in order to appear "gun friendly".

I am worried that most anti-gun politicians still say "we don't want to take guns from hunters" "we only want to take assault weapons and dangerous handguns off the street".

Let's face it, target and self defense shooters MUST take the place of hunters in the public's image when the words firearm and Second Amendment are mentioned. Why? Because neither firearms nor the Second Amendment are necessary for hunting.

IMO, if the popularity of archery hunting continues, the next generation of hunters will not even consider rifles and shotguns to be at all necessary for big game hunting.

Hunting and the right to keep and bear arms must be separated. Hunting with firearms is a nice by-product of the RKBA. The RKBA exists for other, far more important reasons.

i could not agree more!!!!!!!!!. im 19 and i feel like im the only hunter in the woods who still has no grey hairs. i had a girl at school who did not know leather was cow hide.... i was like ARE YOU f***ING KIDDING ME!!!!!!. other factors fall into the decline of hunting mainly land devlopment, the anti gun bais and anti hunters who eat hamburgers. i mean look at MA devloping land so people can save a few minuits on there commute.... i mean come ON!!!!!!!

i could not agree more!!!!!!!!!. im 19 and i feel like im the only hunter in the woods who still has no grey hairs. i had a girl at school who did not know leather was cow hide.... i was like ARE YOU f***ING KIDDING ME!!!!!!. other factors fall into the decline of hunting mainly land devlopment, the anti gun bais and anti hunters who eat hamburgers. i mean look at MA devloping land so people can save a few minuits on there commute.... i mean come ON!!!!!!!

Oh it is truly sad. They are the ones that like their meat in nice little packages from the grocery store and have no clue where it actually comes from.
One year at the Big E, we overheard these 2 little kids that had just come out of the dairy barn say that they never knew that is where milk came from. I couldn't believe it. Then again I have grown up around farming and now live out in the sticks and have raised my own animals.
I have a friend who raises chickens but won't eat the eggs.[thinking]
I also take every opportunity to try and enlighten or as she would say horrify her.[laugh]

I ahve been trying to take a hunter safety course for 3 years. They either fill up too fast or i can't make all 15 required classes due to the job. I didn't know about the LTC exemption until it was too late.

Back
Top Bottom