nra & reading questions

mac1911

NES Member
I always think of questions after I leave!
Question I have shot 2 reading "league " service rifle shoots. Are these shoots/ matches nra registered or approved? If so how are these applied to nra classifications?
2. Are there nra score cards?

League results are sent in at the conclusion of the league, and then used for classification. I think that league is approved.

B

I only wish I competed more as a jr. I'm not sure where I would be in classifications but I would at least have shot a boat load of matches! After a good 15 year break from really shooting, I will be lucky to shoot 2 or 3 nra/ cmp type matches! Yesterday was tough on my eyes...

League matches are approved, but the scores are not reported till the end of the league...you need to shoot 120shots to be classified, then 240shots to be reclassified.

Thanks, just wanted to know if registered/approved. I have my 120 shots in. I should have asked this question before I shot. I hope to be going to reading one more time before the year is out. If not 2013 and a few more shoots. I wish there where more nra approved matches closer to home....reading is worth the drive and I will return...now that I am a bit more comfortable I may shoot leg match?

The more people that shoot a leg match, the better as more points can be given out. As long as you know your sight settings you are good to go. The only difference is that there are no sighters and you have to stand and then drop down to get into position. They even let you shoot 10 less shots in awful-hand which is usually a good thing for me. If I were not on vacation, I would have shot the last two weekends.

It was a toss up last weekend or the 22 leg match. I have only shot my ar 200,300,600 twice now. So the leg match was a bit intimating.

Back
Top Bottom