now that's just not fair

D

daveInME

I've been out crow hunting the last couple of weeks and wanted to try my hand at it with a revolver.

so I shot a red squirrel (I've got almost as many red squirrels here as trees) and left the body in a field out behind the house. I made myself comfortable in a cluster of pine trees, dressed in camo, and waited.

I had a bunch of crows circling and calling, when an eagle swooped in and snatched the squirrel, making the crows quite irate

I've GOT to start bringing my wife's camera with me, though this happened so fast, I probably wouldn't have gotten a pic.

Sitting taking a breather in the woods and having Nuthatches or Chickadees land on your rifle is kind awesome as well, tells you that you doing ok blending in.
I have a 45 minute video of a Mature Falcon trying to teach two of her young how to hunt in a tree full of Blue-Jays and Morning Doves. As soon as a bird of prey arrives, all other birds take to the trees. So there they were with a tree full of food. Mom leaves and the two young ones spend almost the next 1/2 hour trying to fingure not only how to share the SAME branch as their potential meal but also what are they going to do once they get on the branch. After so many tense moments you could see that the Jays and Doves started to relax and realize they were amongst amateurs and that is where it got comical. Mom, later took one out in mid flight as it should be done, but the young ones must not have realized they were Falcons and that was how they were to hunt. It was really entertaining.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom