• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Not to impressed with the Shield 9

Lots shields for sale in the classifieds... After their hype died down it seems many aren't very impressed.

I bet half of them don't even have a single round fired through it. Bunch of people thought they were gonna get rich buffing the price up on a shield because for awhile they were in limited supply. There are a shitload of people who buy guns for the hell of it and then never shoot it and sell the thing. I've seen it here for years. I also had a local at one of the local gun shops who would buy a new gun, shoot it terribly (putting 100 or 200 rounds through it) blame the gun, and then sell it. He turned out to be a great source of basically brand new handguns with the first 15% of depreciation peeled off them. There are probably hundreds of people who do stupid shit like that. With the M&Ps in MA its worse because a bunch of people piss their pants when you tell them they need to get their trigger repaired, because some gun shop commando or a LEO told them it was illegal. [rolleyes]

-Mike

Love my shield : ) very dependable . but you must do a trigger job. Greg Derr did the trigger and put new sites on for me . Its a sweet carry gun .

Last edited:
Too bad the OP didn't shoot the gun before having work done, who's to say it isn't related to whoever worked on the gun. Couple that with using the crappiest ammo available... I have 10 M&P's, including both 9 and 40 Shield... zero problems as far as I am concerned, burns everything I feed em. Like someone else shared... love these threads, the same 2 or 3 share the same crap.... [grin]

Very reputable gunsmith who has done all my mps trigger jobs with no problems. Not sure a trigger job would create the issues I'm having.

I hear what you are saying about the ammo, but I just expected it to act like all my others in the mp line and eat everything. I have a 45 with about 2500 rounds through it with zero malfunctions and I shoot whatever through it.

I'm gonna give it a hundred more rounds. If I get one more malfunction I'll never trust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Shield is my CC gun. Dropped it off at BEC for a trigger job and then added tallon grips. Have over 1500 rounds through it. Love the size for carry.

I bet half of them don't even have a single round fired through it. Bunch of people thought they were gonna get rich buffing the price up on a shield because for awhile they were in limited supply. There are a shitload of people who buy guns for the hell of it and then never shoot it and sell the thing. I've seen it here for years. I also had a local at one of the local gun shops who would buy a new gun, shoot it terribly (putting 100 or 200 rounds through it) blame the gun, and then sell it. He turned out to be a great source of basically brand new handguns with the first 15% of depreciation peeled off them. There are probably hundreds of people who do stupid shit like that. With the M&Ps in MA its worse because a bunch of people piss their pants when you tell them they need to get their trigger repaired, because some gun shop commando or a LEO told them it was illegal. [rolleyes]

-Mike

This, I bought my 3rd 9mm Shield for $299 from Four Seasons with an extra mag and it was unfired.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom