• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Not that you would, but don't waste your money on Magruber

Magruber was horrible: D- at best.

I went to a matinee yesterday cuz my friend was beggin me to go. I figured it might be a little amusing and could use something lighthearted as I had just finished a full week of Chemo so I thought, couldn't be that bad......

I was wrong. Sign me up for another cycle......It was awful....not funny, not even close to anything that could be construed as funny.

I wouldn't think that alot of you who are on this site would actually go to see it, but would feel like I was failing you if I didn't give you fair warning.

NOT EVEN WORTH IT IF SOMEONE ELSE PAYS FOR YOU....

Another cult classic in the making. Seems all of those popular cult films were deemed terrible at one point.

HA! Believe me....there is little to no substance to this movie. The character who is admittedly funny-looking and seemingly funny, is a vapid waste of comedic space. I like Will Forte and think he's funny, but there was no writing to back him up. Just a whole lot of stupid.

I kept waiting and wanting the movie to get better, to prove the previews wrong. No such luck.

i think it may be an age thing -going into this blindly not knowing your age- im 23, a big snl fan actually watching blues brothers right now, and a big fan of film
mcgruber is one of the best sketches going on snl right now
i saw mcgruber last night it was exactly what the sketch is it was enjoyable and it was silly

Not to derail the thread, as I really want to see this movie, but the word "vapid" seems to be making it's way into the mainstream lexicon far more frequently lately.

Back
Top Bottom