Not Legal For Sale in CT

CrackPot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I got in a Walther PDP FS 4in Optic Ready Carry today with 10rd mags. It has a huge yellow sticker on the side of the box that says "Not Legal For Sale in CT". I am used to seeing that sticker for CA and MA, but this is the first time I have seen one for CT. I was not aware of restrictions on handguns in CT. Can someone satisfy my curiosity and explain why this gun is not legal to sell in CT?

Rating - 100%
31   0   1
The only restriction on handguns in CT is the AWB.

Based on a quick internet search the PDP FS4 appears to be a standard modern handgun with the magazine in the pistol grip and the barrel completely contained inside the slide.

On a firearm like this the only way for it to be illegal would be for it to have a threaded barrel, which would make it an assault weapon.

So unless its got a threaded barrel, I don't see a problem.
If you posted pics, even if it wasn't your actual gun, I could give a definitive answer.

Search on the word "threaded". Language inside [brackets] is removed from current statutes by this law.

Relevant text

(iv) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following: (this statement used to say TWO of the following: )

(I) An ability to accept a detachable ammunition magazine that attaches at some location outside of the pistol grip;

(II) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward pistol grip or silencer;

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Relevant text

(iv) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following: (this statement used to say TWO of the following: )

(I) An ability to accept a detachable ammunition magazine that attaches at some location outside of the pistol grip;

(II) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward pistol grip or silencer;

It has a rail so I guess you could technically throw on a forward pistol grip but then you'd have some problems with the ATF too. Maybe Walther's lawyers were just being really cautious?

Top Bottom