Norwood July 4, 2009 Parade/Re-enactmetn

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Thanks to Fixxah!!

We had a great view of the Norwood parade and re-enactment on July 4th.

Here's a link to 167 pictures that I took. [smile]

Enjoy!

<standby - need to make changes so that URL will work>

Last edited:
Thanks John.

We were on a bridge overlooking the main road. Got to see the Germans setup their ambush and the Americans reacting to it. Real cool and very noisy. They shot many Ma Deuces, .30s (1919 I suspect), M1s, M1 Carbines, probable K98s (too far away to ID). One soldier had a Thompson, a few decked out M16s (probably AR15s), many BP guns and a cannon.

If they do this next year, we'll be there for a repeat performance.

Vintage planes buzzed us as well.

[Tech Notes: Pics taken with a Konica-Minolta Dimage Z6 (6mp SLR) with 12x optical zoom.]

Got home and a formation of F15s (guess) flew over our house.

Last edited:
Great pics Len. If I get back to the parade next year I plan on black and white for the WWII machines. Glad you enjoyed yourself and thanks for understanding.[grin]

Norwood Parade

If anyone wants close up photos of the World War II military vehicles... a lot of them will be at our Rochester Country Fair of August 22nd and 23rd. The vehicles will be displayed along with a WWII "living history" given by retired military personel. The Fair itself is free to the general public and you can walk around and take as many photos as you would like.

I am a co-chair for the miltary vehicle part of the fair so if anyone needs any info please contact me or go to the web site www.fightingiron.com and get fair info and check out our photos.

commandcaddy

I made it too, about 2 blocks from the start so everyone was fresh and not tired from the long walk at the end i'd guess. jmo. There were quite a few heavy artillary/troop transport-vechicles/tanks. Must have been a great 'show' near the train tressel bridge. ~ A great parade in these times.[smile]

Thanks John.

We were on a bridge overlooking the main road. Got to see the Germans setup their ambush and the Americans reacting to it. Real cool and very noisy. They shot many Ma Deuces, .30s (1919 I suspect), M1s, M1 Carbines, probable K98s (too far away to ID). One soldier had a Thompson, a few decked out M16s (probably AR15s), many BP guns and a cannon.

I can see a MP38 or MP40, MG34 and 37mm (?) Anti-Tank Gun.
Very nice pictures, Len!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom