North Leominster Rod & Gun Club?

Hi folks, newbie here, first post. [grin]

Well the election this year finally motivated my wife and I to exercise our RKBA. We are signed-up to take the LTC class this coming Saturday. Can't wait! [smile]

So, once that is done, I would very much like to join a local sportsman's club and I am considering the NLRG, as it is very nearby to where we live (we're in Lunenburg) and looks like a very nice facility.

We don't know anyone who is as member there, so I'm wondering if there is anyone here who is and could tell me more about it other than what I see on their website.

As a secondary question, any other Lunenburg residents here care to offer comments on licensing in this town?

Thanks!

although I live closer to NLRG I am a member at Leominster Sportsmans accoc. Both facilities are very nice. It just so happened on the day I visited both clubs, there were a bunch of guys at LSA and after a great conversation, they took my membership application that day. I had my membership card and range key in less than a week.
I've since met a few guys that are members at North leominster that are great too! Good luck with your lic.

There are several of us here who are NLRG members - I've been one for the last 15 years. It's a very nice facility, well run, well set up, and nicely maintained - and I only have two complaints.

First, it's primarily run by the trap shooters, which is not necessarily a bad thing except that the rifle and pistol ranges are closed to all but .22 when they're having registered trap shoots, on the [BS, IMHO] excuse that they need peace and quiet so the trapper can hear them call for their birds. This in spite of the fact that the R/P ranges are well away from the trap ranges (at least 100 yards or so), they sit a good bit lower in elevation than the trap ranges with trees and structures in between, they face 180 degrees away from them, and when the shoot is going on there are guys with 12 gauge shotguns blasting away all around them anyway. Very annoying, particularly because I forget to check the posted schedule (which is of course my fault) and show up ready to shoot only to have to turn around and head elsewhere.

Second, I'm a bullseye shooter primarily and they don't have an indoor pistol range, which of course I knew when I joined, and I belong to a few other clubs that do have one, so that's no biggie and may not bother you at all.

Unless you're into skeet and/or trap, you might want to take a look at Harvard, which has much better rifle and pistol, particularly action pistol, facilities. Lunenburg has an outdoor and, when it's set up properly for it, an indoor pistol range - that's a club that's run primarily by the archers.

Last edited:
I'm a Leominster member and love it for it's closeness to my house -- I can pop over in 5 minutes to try out a new load if I need -- and the rifle ranges. I love the fact I can drop by on my way home during the week and usually have the place to myself.

Advice -- if you're joining Leominster, throw another $35/yr out there and join Lunenburg as well. You'll give an small, old fashioned place your support, and you'll have a second place to go to if you go to Leominster and it's too busy.

Thanks guys! I'm now considering all three of the clubs listed in tele_marks's sig thanks to all the info I've been finding on this site. Both Lunenburg and NLRG are close to me. My brother-in-law is a member at Lunenburg, I'm going to have to con him into taking me by some time to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom