• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

North Central MA Appleseed shoot July 5th & 6th.

Twigg

NES Member
I will be hosting a two day Appleseed event to be held at Woodsman Rifle & Pistol Club in Athol, Ma. July 5th and 6th.

Note: this is not yet posted on the Appleseed site yet.
There is a range fee of three bucks per shooter per day, club policy.

Clicky the link in my sig for the Woodsman R&P web site and a Google map.

Note: The info for this event is not yet posted on this site either, I'll be posting the info as soon as I can get to it.

Darnit, I'm going to be out of town for the 4th of July weekend. Can I do an appleseed shoot with my Mosin 91/30 or should I try and borrow an AR-15? I'm sure training with an AR-15 wouldn't hurt my military quals at all.

NWanner: You can bring the 91/30 no problem. But as you already mentioned, you'll definitely get more out of the course if you use the AR15. Active duty military and under 21yr olds shoot FREE!

Is this gonna be 25m only or have a full distance portion? If 25m only I highly recommend buying or borrowing a 10/22 LTR. You can buy one with all the trimmings for what you'd spend on ammo for 2 appleseeds shooting 223.

How much ammo is needed for a shoot? Depending on my work schedule I might be able to make it up Sunday. I just picked up 440rds of Mil-Surp ammo for my Mosin, but I don't know how to sight it in just yet.

If'n I were you, I'd plan on a minimum of 600 rounds. Depending on how many rapid-fire AQTs Crak is going to run, you might just burn through it all.

300 rounds per day to be safe.

Will probably be closer to 200 but who knows.

You could always mount the bayonet on the mosin and charge if you run out, though. [smile]

Not to worry, Matt!! You can go to Brattleboro, VT on August 16-17 or East Granby, CT the weekend afterwards - August 23-24.

Not to worry, Matt!! You can go to Brattleboro, VT on August 16-17 or East Granby, CT the weekend afterwards - August 23-24.

hmmm... the 21st is my Birthday... maybe I'll pitch it that way with my wife!

Then again it is our 15th wedding aniversary also... [thinking] One weekend for us, and one for me?[grin]

Back
Top Bottom