Norinco SKS

I belive in the saying "One is none and two is one" so I bought another Norinco SKS. This one's got a bayonte which is pretty much why I bought it, my other one's been neutered [sad].

Its from the /316\ factory and the serial number(all matching) puts the date at 1958. Its in great condition, had everything but a sling. Got it from Montague Ammo Depot.

One of these days I've got to learn how to use a camera.

2s67gpk.jpg

29zsigk.jpg

2wg56xh.jpg

2r2lymg.jpg

2n1f4ep.jpg

40c4l83.jpg

Looks nice and clean and has the rear sling swivel under the stock. [grin] I stay away from the ones with side mounted rear swivels, they dig into my cheek when shooting, very uncomfortable to shoot, for me at least.
My best shooting SKS is a Nornico. It too had the bayonet removed but the lug was ground off so I couldn't re-attach one. I swapped out the stock for a Choate sniper style and got a side mount drill and tap mount for it.
You can get the Chinese slings from just about any online vendor, maybe even cheaper off e bay. They're easy to spot. Green canvas with brown leather tabs at the ends. Then you need stripper clips, & chest pouch bandoliers.[smile]

Looks just like mine. Have you cleaned the cosmoline out of it yet? I've yet to do it. Buy a bunch of stripper clips and ammo for it ASAP !!! Might be harder to get that stuff in a few months. From what I hear you're going to love your new toy. Let us know how it shoots.

Looks just like mine. Have you cleaned the cosmoline out of it yet? I've yet to do it. Buy a bunch of stripper clips and ammo for it ASAP !!! Might be harder to get that stuff in a few months. From what I hear you're going to love your new toy. Let us know how it shoots.

yep, wasn't much cosmo on it at all. Just in the places where the last owner probably didn't know how to get too. Already got a fair ammount of stripper clips and ammo ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom