norinco atd .22

i dug this gun out after being put away for many,many years. i personaly never fired this rifle,it belonged to my father inlaw,who passed years ago. i know shit about this gun. 1- the rifle seems to be loose(it wiggles all over) 2- i look down the sight,and it looks like it bends to the right. i have no manual to see whats up. is this a POS that should be junked??? its in great shape. dont know what to do.

If you don't want it, I'll be very happy to take it off your hands! [grin]

Those are GREAT little rifles, too bad they don't import them anymore. Aside from fit and finish, it's a near identical copy of a Browning design. It's an 11 shot, butt-fed, bottom ejecting, take-down action semi auto .22LR.
They were inexpensive when new, generally going for $100-$150, which made them a tremendous bargain. I have one and it shoots fantastic.
BTW, The REAL Browning costs at least 3-4 times that much.
It may be loose because the lock ring needs to be adjusted, which is very easy to do. Filp the gun over and you'll find a small locking lever where the forend meets the receiver. Push it forward to unlock. Now hold the bolt open about half way and twist the barrel 90 degrees and pull the barrel/forend assembly straight off the receiver. It attaches by an interrupted thread. The lock ring on the barrel can be turned to take up the slack and tighten everything up.
Note: If you try to remove or install the barrel without holding open the bolt, you will break the extractor. I know this first hand. However, genuine Browning parts are interchangeable with the Norinco.

Back
Top Bottom