• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

non threaded water faucet countermeasures

I never, ever fill the potable tank from sources any where near the dump station which generally is not an issue as usually the spigots in the campground are threaded. Where things get a bit frustrating is at many State campgrounds and all camping areas in the National Parks we have been to, those non threaded faucets that have to be held open drive me nuts. Set off to find a 3/4" Fernco to make something and bought this from Lowes until I can get all I need to cob my own version together.

What I quickly discovered is that to assure a perfect fit on all faucets you will have to remove the black internal rubber piece (pulls right out) AND get the next larger size clamp-this allows for a very snug clamp that will not blow off due to the small diameter/very high restriction of the product-mine will be much better but until I get it together this works just fine for me-and I hope for you also should you give it a go.

A water their (or bandit) are available for less than $10.00. They are handy to have.
Don’t forget a backflow protector
Bob

102162_3.jpg

Camco Water Bandit

What about at parks that have a dump on every site but no separate water spigot? What then? What then?

Will have to check out the bandit, tnks for the heads up-on full hook up sites I will tank up AFTER I liberally spray the water spigot with a bleach/water solution and only after a 2 gallon or so flush-its getting water from the pot poles anywhere near the dump station that I will not do.

If it were up to me there would be a minimum 100' distance from the receptacle to the water, come to think of it I would ban those poop totes also-anybody else wear water proof/resistant shoe covers ?

Will have to check out the bandit, tnks for the heads up-on full hook up sites I will tank up AFTER I liberally spray the water spigot with a bleach/water solution and only after a 2 gallon or so flush-its getting water from the pot poles anywhere near the dump station that I will not do.

If it were up to me there would be a minimum 100' distance from the receptacle to the water, come to think of it I would ban those poop totes also-anybody else wear water proof/resistant shoe covers ?
I dumped my RV on Sunday with no gloves and sandals. Call me disgusting I just washed my hands when I was done… and showered as soon as I was in the house anyways.

I do work in active waste water treatment plants regularly so maybe thats why it’s not that gross to me.

A spray bottle with a mixture of bleach and water stays in the compartment to pretreat connections.
Time for the most disgusting dump station story ?

People have been know to use the water spigot at full hookup sites to rinse out the stinky slinky. They also like to put them on the picknick tables.

What about at parks that have a dump on every site but no separate water spigot? What then? What then?

Buckets. Lots of buckets…….and a funnel.😜😜😜.

When I’m doing state parks I carry a 5g potable water jug for that purpose. Just got to disconnect those water bandits first from those Jack wagons that use them has hook ups.😂😂😂😂😂

Bob

I do see flip flops, shorts and those sans gloves often don't get it but I will admit to having some issues-why I bet there are some here that will not very very carefully let the metal cover of the receptacle cover down slowly so there is no chance at all of water splash.

Ever see a gloveless speedo dumper, open jelly shoes (guess what kind of 'shirt') eating a sandwich whilst taking care of business ?-Prevost of course had to have been minimum 100g , oops make that 380L tanks.

Don't you hate it when all the spots are filthy-you know a four shoe cover situation- and the guy next/behind you thinks YOU are/were the pig ?

Back
Top Bottom