• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

had a water leak, yep used flex seal type product.

As everybody knows these low end campers and RVs are the worsts things made on the plant. if they could be imported for less they could actual be better.
stupid me i should have checked sooner but now have soft spot in the corner and i'm sure the plywood is gone
the thing flexes and twist so the really heavy spray on sealant they used has a rip of 1/6 gap for a few inches here and there.
I will limp it along for a while. so i did two coats really thick spray on rubber, Yes rubber in the CAN
i had no time . So first coat spayed enough into cracks to try to get to fill.
wait 20min and few opened back up
spayed and filled again, seamed to hold i should be good till when i bring it back home.
i'll probably do this every time I move Iit, I just pulled the truck up along side, easy to reach since it was the corner.
the stuff seams to work. time will tell.

Didn't work on my camper but I think I maybe just didn't see exactly where it was coming in.

Tried it on my above ground pool too, worked for a while but the water pressure got under it and the Flex Tape began to leak again. Does not handle water pressure well as the commercial would indicate.

Could be me too though, anything that is supposed to hold water and never leak, forget it, if I have it, it will leak. I'm 0 for 1000 in my lifetime fixing water leaks.

Didn't work on my camper but I think I maybe just didn't see exactly where it was coming in.

Tried it on my above ground pool too, worked for a while but the water pressure got under it and the Flex Tape began to leak again. Does not handle water pressure well as the commercial would indicate.

Could be me too though, anything that is supposed to hold water and never leak, forget it, if I have it, it will leak. I'm 0 for 1000 in my lifetime fixing water leaks.
Sue em for misleading buyers

Every time I see that flex seal commercial with the house I think, yeah, that's not totally CGI. Water recedes and the house is perfectly clean.

Pisses me off. Makes me want to put a piece of Flex Seal™ Tape on Phil Swift's nose and mouth.

I've used the flex tape on HMMWV roofs before. It generally works for awhile.
Used flex tape on one of my 53 foot refrigerated trailers at work when a temp driver decided to take the 13 foot 6 high trailer under a 13 foot bridge. He realized his mistake and hammered the brake slowing down enough that only the driver side top corner took a hit. Opened a 12 inch by 8 inch gash in the roof. We used tin snips to even out the rough edges and put about 3 layers of flex tape over it. No leaks yet.......that was like 4 years ago. So imo thumbs up for flex tape.

Tried some flex tape on a leaky garden hose, small leaks like pinhole type spraying out the sides. It held on for less than 5 mins and was totally useless. Regular 100mph tape worked better.

i usered flex seal on a house i was flipping. It was either that, or rebuild complex antique wood trim piences 30' up a ladder.
it worked surprisingly well.

Flex Seal is one of the few sealing products that will cure in the cold and wet of winter time

there are a bunch of construction tapes available now for water shedding. 3M, zip system, etc. They have a good selection at Moynihan lumber in N Reading. Just bring your wallet.

And practice on installing it. Once you take off the protective backer off, if the tape touches itself, it will be a sealed mess forever....there is a technique where you peel off half the backer, put it into place, then without letting it touch down peel off the other half of the backer and smooth it into place

I just fixed a leaking compressor hose with the old superglue and baking soda trick.
First, wrap the area with thread, lots of overlapping wraps. Then soak the thread with superglue. While it's still wet sprinkle baking soda on it. Do not touch it with your fingers! The chemical reaction gets so hot it burns like a flame.
Dries almost immediately and the resultant patch is like plastic. You can sand it, drill it, etc.
Two minutes after the patch I was running 120 psi through the hose with no leaks.

Back
Top Bottom