• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Non-Resident LTC application process

I am a NH resident and have my NH CCW. I work in and travel in Mass a lot and would like to be able to carry there. I read on here that all applicants need to go to Chelsea in person. How do I get the process started? Is there a application I need to fill out ahead of time? Thank you.

Hi Mike,

They have a website @ www.mass.gov/chsb
on the left menu click on Firearm Records Bureau

This is from that site in partial:

In addition to processing about 4,000 records per week, the FRB is a valuable resource for the public and law enforcement agencies to answer questions regarding the Commonwealth's gun laws.

For additional information, or answers to questions not found on this site please contact the CHSB's Firearms Records Bureau at (617) 660-4780.

Give em a call for the interview.

Good Luck.

Hi Mike,

Just an FYI, apparently they have recently been issuing restricted LTC's to some non-residents. If you get a target and hunting restriction, you will not be able to carry concealed. Just something you will probably want to look into before shelling out $100 a year and wasting a day driving into Chelsea.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82318

Back
Top Bottom