Non-bad Opinion Piece re: Florida School Board shooting....

MisterHappy

NES Member
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
This was in today's MetroWest Daily News:

When lone, obviously depressed and mentally ill persons go on shooting sprees in public places, each time Americans react with surprise, shock and regret. A CNN anchor noted that Duke's background is being investigated to try to find out why Duke acted as he did so future incidents such as these can be prevented.

The fact is we already know why Duke acted as he did and how these incidents could be prevented in the future. That said we are doing nothing meaningful to prevent them and our political bent is such that we are unlikely to ever do anything meaningful to stop these types of incidents unless and until we completely reorganize our criminal system.

Whole column here:

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/opinion/x106453982/Erbe-When-gun-wielding-crazies-show-up

I'm shocked that this would appear in a Boston-area newspaper. [shocked]

I'm shocked that this would appear in a Boston-area newspaper. [shocked]

I'm not, I'm in VA and it's all over out news too.....but for a different reason.

In VA, It's the story of a guy who went nuts, and the armed guard who's GUN SAVED PEOPLES LIVES!!!

In MA, It's the story about how guns kill people and a reminder that everybody who owns one is a threat to everyone everywhere!!!

Duke's case makes it crystal clear that despite laws preventing gun ownership by the mentally ill, those laws are easily circumvented and inadequate.

Yeah, I am betting this author isn't approaching this topic from the side of a 2A supporter...

I'm not, I'm in VA and it's all over out news too.....but for a different reason.

In VA, It's the story of a guy who went nuts, and the armed guard who's GUN SAVED PEOPLES LIVES!!!

In MA, It's the story about how guns kill people and a reminder that everybody who owns one is a threat to everyone everywhere!!!
Yeah, "please don't," wouldn't be my first choice response to that sequence of events... [thinking]

not too surprised it was published it bashes religion/faith at the end so that makes it a good piece

It's not bashing, it's pointing out the logical means to the end.

Our founders would probably agree with a bit of that. They were of the 'watchmaker' P.O.V.

Back
Top Bottom