No more guns and ammo at Rindge, NH Wal-Mart!

While visiting my mom and stepdad yesterday, my mom said that the Rindge Wal-Mart was no longer selling guns and she was pretty sure that there was no more ammo! I have not personally verified this yet but if true, it will be missed.

Not again...

It seems that many Walmarts in the area have been rearranging their stores. During this process, they take the ammo and put it in the back rooms. I'm sure you'll see the ammo counter return soon. As for the guns... who wants a Walmart gun anyway?

While visiting my mom and stepdad yesterday, my mom said that the Rindge Wal-Mart was no longer selling guns and she was pretty sure that there was no more ammo! I have not personally verified this yet but if true, it will be missed.

It is FALSE... I was there Saturday and they had a ton of ammo and some guns. [thinking]

They moved that entire section across from the paint section, she was probably looking on the back wall where it USED to be.

I noticed they're changing everything around in Bellingham as well. I went to where the ammo usually was and there was nothing there. My heart sunk. Then I realized that they moved the whole sporting goods section.

Anyway I found it but they only had 5 boxes of .308 left. The guy there said a couple people were in the day before and bought a ton of ammo, probably someone here. [grin]

It is FALSE... I was there Saturday and they had a ton of ammo and some guns. [thinking]

They moved that entire section across from the paint section, she was probably looking on the back wall where it USED to be.

Brings to mind a question... what type of guns and ammo does a Wal Mart in a free state carry?

When the MA ones had guns, it was mainly semi auto 22s, shotguns, and a few bolt actions.
I have to admit though, the ammo selection at most Marts here has changed for the better. Fairhaven had bulk pack .223 when I was there Friday.

I don't pay attention to the guns at Walmart. I do know the store in Rindge has a lot of different types of ammo and has shotgun ammo on the shelves not locked away like fine diamonds. [wink]

I think there are more MA shoppers at this Walmart than NH shoppers too.

Here in Hooksett, Nothing but Black powder, Friggin' pansy liberals!! Sam is flippin' in his grave!!
Brings to mind a question... what type of guns and ammo does a Wal Mart in a free state carry?

When the MA ones had guns, it was mainly semi auto 22s, shotguns, and a few bolt actions.
I have to admit though, the ammo selection at most Marts here has changed for the better. Fairhaven had bulk pack .223 when I was there Friday.

Greg, they don't have a lot of guns but they do have a lot of ammo.

Yeah, I don't think they are planning on getting rid of ammo. The new setup is actually better (not burried where you can't find someone for service). They did get rid of guns a while back and I'm surprised they brought them back.

Phew! thanks for all the input. I was mostly interested in the ammo but my stepdad did buy a decent Savage bolt-action .22 at that WalMart. He had a major squirrel problem and it has performed flawlessly and now there is no more problem...

The Bellingham, MA Walmart has moved the Sporting Goods Department to a rear corner of the store. Their plan is to have the ammunition in upright display cases so that you can actually see what they have in stock. They move a lot of ammo and it is good to see them improve the shopping experience.

Wally World is still my favorite place for .22LR Federal Value Packs and 9mm WWB Value Packs. I got the last box of Federal .22LR bulk pack Saturday. The clerk said "We had a feeding frenzy here this week".

The best gun I've ever seen at a Walmart was a Beretta AL390. Which is a very nice shotgun, except for the fact that they stopped making them when the 391 came out in the late nineties (and I saw it there earlier this year)

Greg, they don't have a lot of guns but they do have a lot of ammo.
If they have any guns that is a good sign. They used to have a on-line catalog you could order from and have it shipped to your local Wal-Mart. The selection was quite good.

They did get rid of guns a while back and I'm surprised they brought them back.
Me too. I'll have to look into this.[smile]

The W. Lebanon Walmart still carries a decent selection of rifles and shotguns plus ammo....I buy my pistol ammo there because its the cheapest around. I also got my Ruger 10-22 there. They are the only place to get it with a 22" stainless steel barrel.

Went to WalMart in Salem NH tonight. I needed 50 rounds of 38 special to put in the ammo box for emergencies.( I already bought 20 rounds of Speer ammo but wanted some extra for a rainy day.) This is not the first time I have gone to wally world and had problems. There is never anyone in sporting goods. I've only gotten ammo there once and that was a year ago. Past 3 attempts were a joke. So they are resetting the store, so there were people in all the other departments making the new displays. I walk up to sporting goods, stand at the counter for a few minutes... nobody home. I go back to one of the Waly World Mouseketeers and ask if anyone is working up in the department. He says there are supposed to be 2 people there. He uses his radio to page someone to sporting goods. Off I go back to the counter. And I wait, and wait, and wait some more. Finally I give up and head for the doors, telling the first mouseketeer I talked to how much they suck. He offers to go help me I told him there were real gun shops that would gladly take my money with no hassles. In other words he was told to go pound sand. I get half way out the door and decide the store manager was going to get an earful. I got some front end manager first, thanks to the customer service lady. She summons a asst manager. He gets it from me in no uncertain terms. "If you don't want to sell sporting goods then close the department, otherwise staff it." was what he got from me. I also told him the shooting community was already aware of the Wally World abandonment of the sport, and I would post something to get the word out. I also told him that I would not be back to WalMart anytime soon. So there you have it ladies and gents. Wally World does not give a rats azz about the shooting community. Did I mention the all sales on ammo are final signs and the notice they would not handle warranty claims on guns purchased from them? Go find the manufacturer and talk to them. Looks like I am off to Rileys or the Manchester gun show this weekend for 50 rounds of .38 +p JHP

Even when you hunt someone down, they tend to have no clue how to handle ammunition and firearm sales (where applicable). For a perfect example, see my thread in the MA legal section.... The only thing I would ever buy (unless I was desperate) at Wal-Mart would be scent blocker, and I recently discovered that Dicks has it cheaper, so the sporting goods department at Wal-Mart won't be getting a visit from me any time soon...

Back
Top Bottom