NM cops proud of checking for unlocked car doors and leaving notes

Imagine if they spent the effort going after the guys doing these things as they did checking car doors and writing love notes

Imagine if they spent their time sending away illegal immigrants?

I wonder how many cruisers are left unlocked at the PD lot? Jack.

I wonder how many are left running. My wife saw one yesterday, running at Ciao Bella pizza place in Worcester for a half hour, while the cop sat inside the restaurant having lunch.

New Mexico must be the safest state in the union.
If they have the resources to have police prioritize crimes like this.

See earlier comment above.

I haven’t seen the door key to my Jeep for a few years. If the police lock me out, will they pay a locksmith to come open it up for me?

When I had the Wrangler, it didn't have windows at all most of the Summer, and no doors either for I'd say 1/4 of the Summer. How do they check my doors and windows if they don't exist?

Are we now arguing who has better police? I love the internet lol

Its not a matter of "better police" I was pointing out the vast differences between MSP "statewide" patrol area and a pretty typical rural "southern" patrol jurisdiction where any given area is not saturated with other police presence.

Frankly, I very much prefer how things operate here.

NM cops proud of checking for unlocked car doors and leaving notes
They only leave a note? Weak.

When I left the dome light switched on curbside while staying at
a sister-in-law's Seaside Park bungalow during the off season,
SPPD reverse-addressed the landline and phoned us to tell us the light was on.
Back when there were landlines...

Most Alabama swamps and bayous are out of cell range so your remains will likely never be found.
^ This is why Huey "Hoss" Mack told you that
you wouldn't be prosecuted for shooting someone in protection of property -
he's got you pegged as someone who tidies up after themselves.

... the MA state police aren’t exactly blown away by your sheriffs amazing ability to patrol city’s, towns and highways, they do it statewide.
Well; at least MSP files timecards for patrolling cities, towns and highways across the Commonwealth.

I have an old beater (2003) Honda as my daily driver. Car owes me nothing, gets 30+mpg average. The savings on payments and insurance allows me to afford my MC and Jeep. I leave the Honda and Jeep unlocked in my driveway. I have liability only insurance because they're not worth putting full coverage. I use my rights as an adult to CHOOSE to leave them unlocked. I figure if some scumbag wants to pilfer the crap I leave in my vehicles (and yeah, it's mostly crap) I'd prefer they NOT pick up a brick and smash a window to get it.

So having some JBT insist that I lock my doors to suit THEIR agenda ain't gonna work for me. And if I'm sitting on the couch watching tv at 2am and a car slow-rolls by and then stops, and my motion sensor lights come on when said JBT strolls uninvited onto my property, he'll be met with 800 lumens and "Who the f*** are you and what the f*** are you doing in my car?" while I'm dialing 911.

Mhmm used to live in worcester once in a blue moon someone would steal the 2 dollars in change and leave the 200 dollar maui jims.... i was just happy i didnt get an ass full of glass

I leave my truck unlocked because I'd rather them open the door and see I ain't got shit inside vs breaking a window.

(Unless there is a firearm inside, in which case I'l lock it, obviously..)

Mhmm used to live in worcester once in a blue moon someone would steal the 2 dollars in change and leave the 200 dollar maui jims.... i was just happy i didnt get an ass full of glass

I leave my truck unlocked because I'd rather them open the door and see I ain't got shit inside vs breaking a window.

(Unless there is a firearm inside, in which case I'l lock it, obviously..)

Yup!

View: https://www.facebook.com/TheLasCrucesPoliceDepartment/photos/a.123702141049604/2226910430728754/?type=3&theater

View attachment 285108

View attachment 285110

Imagine if they spent the effort going after the guys doing these things as they did checking car doors and writing love notes

Their goal for each shift: ALAP
As little as possible
The goal is to park the cruiser and relax until quitting time. This would be the path of least resistance in that it's less work than actual police "work".

I leave my truck unlocked so in case some junkie wants the less than nothing I keep inside it, they dont have to break my window and cost me far more than whatever is lost. Go F yourself with this campaign
I've seen people say the same about house doors. Why lock it and have them break it down or break the windows? It's pretty ridiculous. How many car interior thefts are car unlocked vs broken window? I bet it's 90-10 or greater. The junkie will look for the path of least resistance and move on until they find the next unlocked door. Maybe yours...

I've seen people say the same about house doors. Why lock it and have them break it down or break the windows? It's pretty ridiculous. How many car interior thefts are car unlocked vs broken window? I bet it's 90-10 or greater. The junkie will look for the path of least resistance and move on until they find the next unlocked door. Maybe yours...
I had someone smash my window so they could pop my hood and steel my grill

images
?

They only leave a note? Weak.

When I left the dome light switched on curbside while staying at
a sister-in-law's Seaside Park bungalow during the off season,
SPPD reverse-addressed the landline and phoned us to tell us the light was on.
Back when there were landlines...

^ This is why Huey "Hoss" Mack told you that
you wouldn't be prosecuted for shooting someone in protection of property -
he's got you pegged as someone who tidies up after themselves.

Well; at least MSP files timecards for patrolling cities, towns and highways across the Commonwealth.
"Hoss" Mack is a wonderful sheriff and a total gentleman. Believe me, if every chief in MA was like Hoss, there would be no Comm2A. There would be no need. Licensing would be uniform across the state.

Back
Top Bottom