NLRG pin shoot 2012 schedule

hope to see some of you guys down there! the schedule is attached in a word document format but just in case:

NORTH LEOMINSTER ROD & GUN CLUB
LUNENBURG, MA

SUNDAY MORNINGS AT 10:00 A.M.

SHOOTING DATES:

MAY 06, JUNE 03, JULY 01
AUG 05, SEPT 02, OCT 07, (NOV 04-?)

$8.00 per match taken at the start of the match

View attachment BOWLING PIN SHOOT 2012.doc

No april shoot? [sad2] Oh well, leaves me time to make more .45.....

-Mike

we have a lot of work to do on the range, we got a nifty idea for a pit kind of thing we can set up. should be cool when we're done. we also had to get a new tractor at the club so we're a little behind on work that needed to be done (weaksauce).

i was actually informed that our new tractor is too damn big to use on the range so in the near future we'll need some guys to come and help us with the range, we'd really appreciate it. post up in here or PM me if you're interested and i will keep you in the loop.

How do you guys shoot the pins? Is it the traditional style where the pins are at the front of the table and they have to be knocked back a few feet off the back edge of the table ? Or are they placed at the back edge and only need to be knocked over to fall off the table?

Thanks,
-Cuz.

pins are in the center of the table and the table must be cleared to end the match. 9mm and up, our pins aren't in the greatest of shape, we don't have a lot so we use the hell out of them so a .45 as a minimum is good rule of thumb.

Yup... definitely not wuss mode, although at NLRG a 9mm is slightly useable, which is a surprise. I think the downward pitch helps, too. You guys don't recycle as much as winchendon and athol used to back in the day. They had pins which probably had a box of 45 in them apiece, but they basically kept using them as long as they stood. Over there we even used to shoot at pins that had like the back blown out of it. As long as it stood up on the table it got shot. One time up at Athol I had a 6 pin run where it took me like 20 rounds to clear the table because of all the dead wood.

Course we had a way of stopping some of that practice... the guys with the .44 mags would come out and put the bad pins out of their misery. [laugh]

sweet i will swing by to check this out.

heh, the bowling pin chair is my old cub scout leader

guys, we might be doing some work tomorrow on the range--i need to hear back from the pin chair but i asked them if they could come down and help with the new setup of the range that dave designed. i think you guys will really like it. PM me if you're interested as i don't think i have either of your numbers.

Bumping this for Atilla - heading out there in a bit. Murdering bowling pins on your birthday... does it get any better?

26 shooters total! what a turnout! thank you to everyone who stopped by--hopefully we'll see you on june 3rd as well! bring a friend!

Thanks for running this, Atilla. As usual, it was lots of fun. I did note that there were a LOT of dead pins afterwards. Think it might be time for some new cannon fodder...

And I was pleased to note that my .44 Mag cannon was NOT the heaviest caliber to make an appearance yesterday... although I think that a scoped .500 S&W Magnum might have been just a bit of overkill to use on bowling pins 25 feet away. [laugh]

we do have more pins, but a lot of them are in rough shape. i have a pile that are nearly brand new but will pretty much be destroyed with a single hit from something larger than a .45 ACP. if we get desperate we can switch to squares of lumber or even a steel set up--but those options are last resorts as pins are the most fun. if anyone has any source for pins locally definitely let me know. all i can think of is gardner.

and ross, there's no such thing as overkill. everything is the right amount of kill.

AMF Town & Country Lanes, Shrewsbury - (508) 754-7050
AMF Auburn Lanes, Auburn - (508) 791-5700
Lanes & Games, Cambridge - (617) 876-5533

I've heard this third hand, not sure if there is any truth to it or not but one of the problems is that the bowling alleys get their pins recycled now. So this means that instead of clubs getting a pickup truck full of pins for nothing, they have to pay for them because they are competing with recycling value. I've heard this kind of thing from more than one person. Wouldn't hurt to call and ask, though.

-Mike

i stopped by after a round of trap at around 11 to check out the fun. i was surprised to see how many people where there! looked like a lot of fun, and i plan to make it out to the next one.

Lanes and games usually has used pins for sale on the counter for $3 a pop. Not sure if they'd cut you a deal on a larger quantity.

Lanes and games usually has used pins for sale on the counter for $3 a pop. Not sure if they'd cut you a deal on a larger quantity.

thanks for that tip, dude! we've got some in reserve but they were exposed to the elements too long and a few of them simply explode when hit with a single .44 mag.

- - - Updated - - -

gentlemen.

SUNDAY

SUNDAY

SUUUUNNNDDDAAAYYY!

6/3 is the date of the next pin shoot! come one, come all. i'll be there to run things, and my girlfriend will be taking your money. we begin as close to 10 AM as possible but if you want to show up earlier, that's cool, too!

[mg]

thanks for that tip, dude! we've got some in reserve but they were exposed to the elements too long and a few of them simply explode when hit with a single .44 mag.

- - - Updated - - -

gentlemen.

SUNDAY

SUNDAY

SUUUUNNNDDDAAAYYY!

6/3 is the date of the next pin shoot! come one, come all. i'll be there to run things, and my girlfriend will be taking your money. we begin as close to 10 AM as possible but if you want to show up earlier, that's cool, too!

[mg]

It was fun,have lost of videos, think I have some of you shooting also

sunday sunday SUNDAY!

it's that time of month where you get the "gift"... which is pins at NLRG! all are welcome, come down and shoot!

Gardner Ten Pins sells their old pins for $1.50 each. Just so you know

Light attendance today but a great shoot as usual. Thanks to Mark, Sarah an Co. for running these things. Next time I will have my ammo loaded up in advance. (I had to crank out 200 rounds of 45 before the shoot!)

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom