• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nicest Sportsmans Clubs in New England

You guys should visit a gun range in the south. The 2 I’ve been to in Georgia were immaculate. Everything looks brand new compared to the grandfathered stuff we’re used to in MA.
Meh. And how much did they charge?
What did they offer?

I will take a lane cut in the middle of a forest over some shiny building with a bunch of sh*t I don't need. What I need is a place to practice and develop loads. Any place with a backstop is good in my book.

My buddy in Colorado loves his range. They offer handgun only, it is super clean, modern and he has to book time before going on top of paying monthly [rofl] ... but they have a gun store, that charges $50 for transfers [rofl]

If anyone here thinks that is nice, start a business. Good luck.

Last edited:
Mansfield (MA) F&G
- 50 & 100 yd ranges (on the 50 yd, you can set the targets at any distance)
- No FUDD rules, basically just be safe.
- MGs allowed, you do need to qualify (it is strictly a safety qualification)
- Archery range
- Dedicated training range so it doesn't impact the general membership use of the property
- Supports Armed Women of America
- Well maintained
- Nice clubhouse with A/C and heat
- You can bring your own steel to shoot
- Drawing from the holster is allowed

They do have a short waiting list.

I truly miss that place.

I belong to both Hopkinton and Harvard. Both of their clubhouses and indoor ranges are OK at best. Hard to beat the ranges and options to shoot there though. Add in archery and fishing and they are complete clubs, just with eh clubhouses.

I'll add that Hopkinton is one of the very few clubs in the cup that hasnt succumbed to dogshit fudd rules, at least the rules they do have are backed up by some sort of logic to them. That and every member I've met from there has been a decent guy. HSA wins in a realm where a lot of clubs are just fail or laze right out of the gate.

This.

Some of tthe best places I've shot at in MA are literally "piss outside" clubs. [laugh]
Which describes the club I'm on a waiting list for. 12 station for pistol and rifle covered outdoors.
They have heaters (portable)
Restrooms (Porta pottys)
a couple of steel plate racks
Two trap areas. Can't really call them ranges because of the layout and no permanent stand or thrower houses.
Longest shot is 100 yards. Downhill.
No clubhouse so meetings are held in a very small church.

Centralville in Dracut is nice, facilities-wise, with the one glaring deficiency that you can't shoot farther than 100m. The clubhouse is a little dated but clean and usable, the indoor range is first-rate (only six bays, though), the archery is outstanding, and there are steel racks outside. Plenty of shade, a functional mini-clubhouse at the outdoor ranges. The best part: no FUDD rules, other than the range hours. Which I think are designed to accommodate a nearby church; you can't shoot on Sunday morning.

Unfortunately a very long waiting list , so long that even the waiting list is closed so you have to wait to get on the wait list
I was unaware Harvard had a wait list. I gave up my membership 1.5 years ago when I moved.
I’m rather happy with the replacement club, Big Pine GC in Guilford.
Dedicated 22 rim with tons of steel, multiple pistol action pits (at least 8) covered 100 and 400 yard rifle, steel supplied or bring your own, trap, skeet and sporting clays. Indoor range is nice and clean but not used much except for club events.
30-40 minutes drive tops door to gate.

I was unaware Harvard had a wait list. I gave up my membership 1.5 years ago when I moved.
I’m rather happy with the replacement club, Big Pine GC in Guilford.
Dedicated 22 rim with tons of steel, multiple pistol action pits (at least 8) covered 100 and 400 yard rifle, steel supplied or bring your own, trap, skeet and sporting clays. Indoor range is nice and clean but not used much except for club events.
30-40 minutes drive tops door to gate.
The wait list question was about Londonderry not Harvard

Back
Top Bottom