Nice evening of fishing lastnight

I was on the fish yesterday evening, been along time since I've had action like that.
Caught about a dozen or so in 2.5 hrs.
Here are my best of the night.

da604557.jpg

704023d7.jpg

And alot of people said don't waste your time there, that place sucks...

I have been fishing with a friend here and we been starting to get them on surface lures. Nothing of great size yet but a fun time catching them. I love seeing them hit a surface lure then the fun begins. Looks like you had a good night but then again its hard to have a bad night fishing. Congratulations.

Nice fish! Caught a couple of decent fish myself the other day

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308946675.204467.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308946675.204467.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 88
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308946741.436424.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308946741.436424.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 93
boxerJake and Busa, care to tell us where you were fishing. I went to Barrets pond in carver the other day and the fish were definitely biting like crazy there. Mostly small mouth bass though. But, good size.

I don't mind telling hope to see you there. That picture was taken this past Sunday at Rocky Pond in Boylston. If your in my area I would recommend Rocky pond, A1/Stump Pond in Westborough or Whitehall in Hopkinton. There are plenty of monsters at all three places.

Nice catch(es)!

I'm just getting back into fishing this year - taking my little girl out like my Dad used to do with me. We've been out a few times, haven't caught squat, but have been having a blast. Re-learning is half the fun; knots, gear, not getting stuck on sh** all the time [wink], etc. We're hunting spots too, as I grew up in Clinton.

DSC_8490.jpg

I went fishing earlier today and got 4 small bass then went out at sunset and got 2pickerelral and this bass. All in all a good day. This is the biggest I caught in the last few years.
Didn't have a good scale but know it's 5+ lbs.

Last edited:
Yup. Kill it.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Nice pickerel Boxerjake. A friend of mine takes them and grinds them up and mixes with potato to make fish cakes. He says they are good that way I am going to try some with him. If not I feed them to the turtles.

Some nice fish in this thread. Got back into fishing this year. Its been great rediscovering the enjoyment of the sport.

If you're looking for good pickerel, the neighbors have been having some luck with 18-22" pick's in Goffstown, NH. They dropped the height of the Piscataquog river 3-4 feet in preparation of Hurrican Irene and don't appear in any rush to bring it back up. This appears to have driven the perch/bass farther upstream and has brought out a lot of good sized pick's and carp in the channel; or at least that's what people are catching now.

The channel I refer to is off of Shore Dr 03045. Boat access can be had a bit farther downstream near the West Side Ice Arena in Manchester, NH. Bring something to navigate shallow water.

Fitz

Back
Top Bottom