NH state/national parks open carry question...

mbz4ever

Dealer
NES Member
going camping for couple of days up in New Hampshire for hiking/fishing etc. I will feel more comfortable if i can have my HK45 and AK47 with me.
could anyone please refresh my memory if i can bring my guns with me - as far as i remember correctly starting February 2010 National parks allowing CCW but not sure about NH State parks.
Also, as far a i know firing is prohibited at the camp grounds only open carry or cc allowed. btw, i have NH nr cc permit
thanks

NH only has one place that is off-limits by statute: courtrooms. Parks are perfectly cool. There is total state preëmption, so there are no valid local restrictions on carrying a gun. There is (currently, temporarily) an administrative rule against carrying in the state capitol, but doing so isn't a crime. It's only a trespassing matter if you refuse to leave if asked.

There is only one property under control of the National Park Service in NH, and that is the Augustus Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site (his home in Cornish). The Appalachian Trail is technically a national park, but the NH section is under control of the U.S. Forest Service while it passes through NH. Both Saint-Gaudens and the AT are good for carry, either open or concealed, so long as you're not inside a building where federal employees regularly perform work.

Back
Top Bottom