• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH resident traveling to CT for the weekend

Hi everyone. I am from NH and I have a carry permit. I am traveling to CT tomorrow for a weightlifting competition and will be staying overnight. I obviously don't want to travel without my weapon but I want to make sure I am compliant with the laws. I know CT does not recognize my carry permit, so I was wondering if someone could fill me in on the laws pertaining to a out-of-state resident in possession of a firearm. I do not plan on carrying on my person, but I would like it in my possession. Thanks for the help.

Long guns that comply with their new ban are ok. Pistols aren't allowed unless you have a non-res carry permit (even if unloaded and locked up).

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

If your young and strong enough to lift you don't need a gun here.

Don't walk the streets in Hartford!

Stop at the Cabelas in E. Hartford.

Long rifles that comply with their new ban are ok. Pistols aren't allowed unless you have a non-res carry permit (even if unloaded and locked up).

Exactly. Any long gun. Rifle or shotgun can be possessed any way, anyhow, anywhere in a vehicle, as long as its not loaded.
you could hold an unloaded mossberg cruiser on your lap while driving and would be legal. Once you get out of the vehicle, you can walk down the street with the mossberg loaded.

I used to say you could drive down the road with an AR15 in one hand and a loaded beta mag in the other and as long as you didn't put the mag in the well, you were legal. But the new AWB changed all that.

Back
Top Bottom