NH nonresident permit received (fast!)

Soxfan9

NES Member
Having just received my MA LTC renewal in a mere 70 days, I was pleasantly surprised to see my NH nonresident license show up in 5 days. :eek: Live free or die!

Yea, it was about five days for mine and my husband's, too. I think the Maine permit for me was three weeks, it took a couple of months for hubby's, his was a renewal after a lapse.

reinbeau said:
Yea, it was about five days for mine and my husband's, too. I think the Maine permit for me was three weeks, it took a couple of months for hubby's, his was a renewal after a lapse.

Three weeks for a Maine permit?! Mine's been there since the end of November. They say they have 60 days to either approve or deny the application. I still haven't received it yet.

dreppucci007 said:
reinbeau said:

Three weeks for a Maine permit?! Mine's been there since the end of November. They say they have 60 days to either approve or deny the application. I still haven't received it yet.
There must be something wrong, do you know they have it?

Yes, they have it...I called today, and they said that it takes 60 days from when they start to process it, and she was still waiting to hear back on something from MA on the background check. Ridiculous...just issue the damn permit. [evil]

Ok, I realize they shouldn't just "issue the damn permit," but it's been like 54 days since she started processing it...What is taking so long? It's not like I don't have any other LTCs...I have MA Class A, NH non-res, and Connecticut. Sorry, just ranting.

Ah, New Hampshire memories....

I remember walking into the Rochester Police Department one sunny morning at about 10:00 AM to get my permit back in 1989.

All they said was - come back after noon.

I did, and they gave it to me.

Ah, New Hampshire....

I sent mine in last Friday. My check was just posted to my account this morning. A whole 20 bucks. [lol]

My first non-resident permit cost $20 and it was for four years. This renewal cost me $100 and is also for for years. On a bright note, the staties were awesome to me, and they processed the application in about 3 days.

Live Free Or Die, Baby.

Back
Top Bottom