• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Drunk Drive Held at Gun Point...imagine if this were in Ma.?

...the first Samaritan attempted to prevent the suspect from driving away by blocking the suspect’s vehicle with his own car. The suspect threatened to kill that man and then attempted to back up," police said. "The second Good Samaritan seeing this aggressive action and hearing this threat, warned the first man and instructed him to retreat. The second man then challenged the suspect with his firearm while issuing commands to stop. Moments later the police arrived."
I'm pretty conservative WRT when it's appropriate to draw on someone, but I'm OK with this. You could argue that it's OK to draw to prevent a seriously impaired person from driving off (and possibly killing someone). I doubt I would, but I live in MA. But add the threat to kill and it's go-time.

Uh-oh
The firearm was seized by police during their investigation...

OK, then
"Upon determining that the man’s actions were legally justified and that he was lawfully entitled to possess a firearm, his property was immediately returned," police said.

Well in Maine you do. Well for least now that it is, since the Communist Party USA has taken over the control of you state. RANKED VOTING WTF!!!
Oh. I'm worried about that too.. near complete BS.

I'm expecting massive amounts of anti gun stuff and a potential state shatter events in the next cycle.

Drive through Hanover or Litchfield or even Buxton and ask anyone what they think. The whole state outside of cumberlin county is like that.

I think one problem with some of the frequent fliers around here is imagining the worst that can happen, attributing it to MA - and posting it here.

Pointing a gun at a random drunk driver probably wouldn’t go well. Now add in facts: “The suspect threatened to kill that man and then attempted to back up,” and the likely outcome changes a lot.

Of concern anywhere is this: “was later released from his hospital room on personal recognizance bail,”

Really?

I think one problem with some of the frequent fliers around here is imagining the worst that can happen, attributing it to MA - and posting it here.

Pointing a gun at a random drunk driver probably wouldn’t go well. Now add in facts: “The suspect threatened to kill that man and then attempted to back up,” and the likely outcome changes a lot.

Of concern anywhere is this: “was later released from his hospital room on personal recognizance bail,”

Really?
What's your concern? The state is getting it's money/justifying it's existence. You concerned about public safety? That's funny.

(LOL) In Mass. you'd have been shoot upon the arrival of the 1st cop, then they would have gone to your house and shot your dog too just for good measure.

You could be shot by the responding cops anywhere- not just MA. There are numerous examples of cops shooting the good guy who was holding the bad guy at gun point. Also...what if the drunk driver had attacked and the guy was forced to shoot him? The guy is very lucky it ended the way it did. So much could have gone wrong here. Yes, it turned out to be a good act scenario but there's so much to think about before drawing your gun.

Oh. I'm worried about that too.. near complete BS.

I'm expecting massive amounts of anti gun stuff and a potential state shatter events in the next cycle.

Drive through Hanover or Litchfield or even Buxton and ask anyone what they think. The whole state outside of cumberlin county is like that.

Yup. My second life is in Hanover. None of us take kindly to this bull.

Back
Top Bottom