NH: 3 Anti-Gun bill hearings scheduled for 4/30 at the State House: details below

ACTION NEEDED – April 30, 3 hearings – info within…
by NHFC, Inc. on April 24, 2019

In our last alert, we told you that we expected the Senate Judiciary Committee to hold public hearings on several anti-gun bills. We expected to have minimal notice. Today we learned that on Tuesday, April 30, public hearings will be held for:

HB 109, Sell a gun to a friend and go to jail, 9 AM, State House Room 100
HB 514, An up to 11 day mandatory waiting period between purchase and delivery of a firearm, 10 AM, State House Room 100
HB 564, Gun free, criminal safe schools, 11 AM, State House Room 100

Please plan to attend and voice your opposition to these blatant attacks on your civil right to be armed. We must work together to make our voices heard. Even if you plan to attend Tuesday’s public hearings, it is important to write to all members of the Judiciary Committee to let them know that you are opposed to all of these bills.

Senator Martha Hennessey, Chairman, [email protected];
Senator Shannon Chandley, Vice Chairman, [email protected];
Senator Melanie Levesque, [email protected];
Senator Sharon Carson, [email protected];
Senator Harold French, [email protected]

After you have contacted the Judiciary Committee, please click here to find out how to contact your own Senator and then let them know you are opposed to all of these anti-gun bills.

And last, but not least, Email Governor Sununu, [email protected], and urge him to veto any of these bills if they reach his desk. Please remember to be polite but firm and request that the Governor respond to your message. Now would be an appropriate time to remind Governor Sununu, that no gun control bills were enacted into law during the fourteen years that the Governor’s Office was occupied by Governors Benson, Lynch and Hassan. Please politely and firmly tell Governor Sununu that these bills do not contain anything worthwhile and should promptly be vetoed; anything less can and should be viewed as a sell out of his core constituency.

Governor Sununu has publicly threatened to veto other bills. Gun owners need and deserve to know when he will puiblicly announce his opposition to these radical proposals.

Thanks for your continued support.

In liberty,

Alan M. Rice
President – NHFC, Inc.

Page 17 in the House Calendar:
http://gencourt.state.nh.us/Senate/calendars_journals/calendars/2019/sc 20.pdf

JUDICIARY, Room 100, SH Sen. Hennessey (C), Sen. Chandley (VC), Sen. Levesque, Sen. Carson, Sen. French
9:00 a.m. HB 109-FN, requiring background checks for commercial firearms sales.
10:00 a.m. HB 514-FN, imposing a waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a firearm.
11:00 a.m. HB 564, relative to possession of firearms on school property.

EXECUTIVE SESSION MAY FOLLOW

While I do not expect that they Senate committee will vote on Tuesday, the committee has structed the hearing to allow for a vote directly after the hearing. [common practice]

Remember, if you want to attend, and you doo not like speaking in public, you do not need to speak, you can just sign in and let them know that you are not happy with their actions just by being present.

Please get the word out to your gun clubs. We need everyone there.

Crap, I was hoping it wouldn't be next week. I have to take Thursday off of work for some medical appointments so won't be able to get there on Tuesday. I'm going to urge family and friends to go on my behalf.

Back
Top Bottom