• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Next Harvard Mini Appleseed: June 7th, Noon til 6pm

Title says it all. Rain or shine (we have a roof!) on the 25/50 yard range. It's the first range you see on your left as you drive straight down the access road.

Bring a mat for prone, as the concrete is unforgiving.

Rifleman patches are available for those who score 210/250 on an AQT during the shoot. (That makes this a mass legal competition for all of you out-of-staters, but please make sure your rifles and mags are AWB legal!)

Last edited:
It's free. No formal registration. But it would be nice if you could post in here if you're coming so I know what to expect when I get there.

Man, the second I mention competition around these things, everybody runs away.

Just make up some stupid little shooting game and edit your first post that at the end of the day we'll be shooting so and so competition and I think that'll cover it.

EDIT -- IANAL

Yup, just state that you'll be shooting the AQT, for score, and it is "a competition in accordance with Mass Law" right on it. Everybody here knows the deal on that.

Man, was it hot today!
A big thank you to Chris and Ross for putting this on. Thanks to Harvard for hosting. I had a great time and learned a lot. I had a problem with my front sight detent and luckily for me, Ross had an extra rifle for me to use.
It was nice to meet fellow NES'rs Erik, Mark, Bob and Greg. Greg didn't shoot with us but was there with his buds and was a bit of a social butterfly[wink]
Thanks again guys and I'll be back!
Did I say it was hot today?!

Yup, good day! I guess you guys must've gotten hit towards the end by the micro-storm that passed over Leominster late afternoon.

Erik -- PM me so I can pay you for these pre-bans. Greg -- now I know your secret to not spending alot on ammo......

Uh... what storm? Didn't see it.

BTW, big conga-rats are due to JonJ and Bob999 our two newest RIFLEMEN with a 223 and a 210, respectively.

congarats.gif

Great to finally meet you Jon,congrats again on the patch..And ya,I do spend more time talking at the range to various people.Gone are the days of shooting 1000 rounds and talking while you were reloading mags.

Yes,it's true Mark..the secret is now out.

The secret to having lots of ammo is going to the range and not shooting.Seriously,when I went over to my truck I seen all kinds of little maggot looking things,all over my truck bed,in my rifle case..Apparently they were conducting an aerial assault from the trees onto my truck and all my gear.

So at this point I was convinced they were in my hair,in my ears laying eggs and wreaking havoc anyplace those little maggots could attach themselves.

I asked Erik what they were,he said didn't know.but he went along and just confirmed my fears of the worst saying that they were indeed maggots.

I was kinda creeped out by the whole episode and just wanted to leave.

I wanted to say something to that cue ball headed freak,but it wasn't the place or time with you guys there having class.See,I do have tact.[smile]

"Hey,aren't you the guy who got banned on Northeast shooters?"

Last edited:
Thanks Chris and Ross. It was definitely worth the trip! And to think, before this, I thought dragging wood was bringing in chord wood from the shed. [smile]
Great to meet fellow shooters from NE shooters. A word to the wise... If you get pulled over by a radar cop in Plymouth in the next few weeks, be very polite [wink]

Did anyone pick up a staple gun at Harvard on the 7th. I went to get mine out of my bag and it was gone. I'm thinking I left it there[angry] It has JJ scratched on one of the sides.

Did anyone pick up a staple gun at Harvard on the 7th. I went to get mine out of my bag and it was gone. I'm thinking I left it there[angry] It has JJ scratched on one of the sides.
I'll check my bag Jon as I was the guy next to you.

Back
Top Bottom