newsletter from CMP; almost out of M2 Ball on en-bloc clips

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Don't worry they still have a good supply of M2 ball ammo loose, but will soon be out of ones on clips. So if you want some probably better order right now.

Here's the newsletter I just got:

.22 CAL RIFLES NOW AVAILABLE: CMP has completed the inspection and sorting of all the model 40X, 52, M12, M416, M44, M513T, M521T, M540X, M541X, M144, and M82 rifles we accumulated over the past several years. Please see http://www.thecmp.org/Sales/rifles.htm for description and pricing of available options. Quantity is relatively small and we expect these will sell quickly. For some models, the quantity is so small that we will sell those in the stores at Camp Perry and Anniston only. Mail orders will be processed in sequence received while quantities last. Please note that there are no large quantities of these models remaining anywhere. Limit of one per model per person until 3 Jan, 2012, at which time limits will be lifted on any remaining models.

BAYONET AND SCABBARDS – 16”: We now have a small quantity of 16” bayonets available for purchase. These bayonets and scabbards are all used and condition ranges from good to poor. Bayonets are separated by manufacturer. Scabbards are not separated by manufacturer. Bayonets and scabbards are sold separately. For more detailed description and pricing, please see http://www.thecmp.org/Sales/relatedsales.htm (Accessories Tab). Sales of these bayonets and scabbards will be limited to one per customer. Limit will be removed on 3 Jan 2012.

BOLT ACTION RIFLES NOW AVAILABLE: CMP has completed the inspection and sorting of all the model M1903, M1903A3, M1917, and Krag rifles we accumulated over the past several years. Please see http://www.thecmp.org/Sales/rifles.htm for description and pricing of available options. Quantity is relatively small and we expect these will sell quickly. For some models, the quantity is so small that we will sell those in the stores at Camp Perry and Anniston only. Mail orders will be processed in sequence received while quantities last. Please note that there are no large quantities of these models remaining anywhere. Limit of one per model per person until 3 Jan, 2012, at which time limits will be lifted on any remaining models.

CLIPPED .30-06 AMMO SOLD OUT: We project that our item 4C3006X215-192P, (192 rounds of.30-06 ammo in clips and bandoleers) will sell out in the next week or two. The only HXP ammo we will have for sale is 4C3006X000-200P (200 rds of .30-06 ammo loose in .30 cal ammo can) for the next few years. New manufacture commercial .30-06 ammo is also available.

SHIPPING AND HANDLING INCREASE: CMP S&H rates for all items will be increasing for all orders received after 31 October, 2011. Amount of increase will vary depending on the item and shipping option.

UPDATE ON .22CAL SIGHTS: CMP has accumulated a few hundred sights for the .22 cal rifles we have sold over the past 15 years. We are in the process of inspecting them and making them ready for sale, but do not expect to have them ready for at least another 60 days. Once they are ready, we will announce them via sales update email and list them on the estore.

GARAND PRICE INCREASES COMING: The price of CMP M1 Garands will increase slightly in the near future, to keep up with our rising costs. As prices are changed, they will be posted on the website. Any orders already in-house when prices change will be charged the price listed at time order was mailed.

Maybe it's just me but I had a lot of feeding trouble with those clips. I ended up buying some clips from Midway and transferring the rounds - feeding issues went away.

Maybe it's just me but I had a lot of feeding trouble with those clips. I ended up buying some clips from Midway and transferring the rounds - feeding issues went away.

Had the same problems, thought I was doing something wrong. Thanks for the heads up.

Interesting. I've gone through a couple of spam cans and didn't have a problem. The last couple of orders I placed were for the loose rounds, and the only time I had problems feeding where when the dumbass who loaded the clips (i.e. me) didn't seat the round all the way to the back of the clip.

No problems for me eithier with the Greek ammo I have on clips all has been flawless so far.

No problems for me eithier with the Greek ammo I have on clips all has been flawless so far.

Same with me. I have had great luck with almost all of the CMP ammo that I have received over the years. I've actually been only ordering the loose ammo for the last year as I have en blocs coming out of my a$$.

I put in an order for a can of the ammo loaded in clips right after I got the email. The e store shows it as backordered so we'll see if they have a two week supply.

OK, for you history buffs out there... I'm looking at the .22 rifles at CMP... but I have no idea which one (or ones) to get... Those used Kimbers look like they might be a good bargain... but as for the rest, I don't know which ones are better or a better value. Any help?

My $400 "rusty" Kimber is probably the best bargain I've ever gotten in a firearms deal.

for plinking almost all are good deals. it comes down to actual condition. most of the 22s do not come with sights. So get ready to dump some money on the sights.
I have a 513T and it shoots great. @ 150.00 I am not sure what to expect for condition? Seems like there cleaning house and getting ready for the price increase.
Im serioulsy considering a CMP special before they jack the prices. Seems funny they sell out of the service grades just before the price increase ?

I got in an order for some cans last week right before the newsletter went out. It was out of stock but they took the order.

I see today that only loose rounds are available, no more rounds in clips.

I learned the hardway, you cant think about ordering something from the CMP you just gotta do it or they sell out or get more expensive.
Ammo took a pretty good jump last increase. what do you think the increase on the garands will be. Service grade Springfield was 619.00 delivered until they sold out?

I got in an order for some cans last week right before the newsletter went out. It was out of stock but they took the order.

I see today that only loose rounds are available, no more rounds in clips.

My M1 Garand arrived today but my ammo is on back order. Hmm. Did that backwards. Good thing qmmo has lots available...

Back
Top Bottom