Newest Distinguished Rifleman

I just go a phone call from an anonymous friend that told me the G. Smith got his final points for the DRB at this afternoons leg match in Nashua. 476-? I think he said.

Nice job G.

B

Awsome! George has put a lot of effort into it and it's great to see it paid off.

congrats george! first ya go and win the NH state HP championship, then leg out 2 weeks later!

been a good month for shooters [grin]

Thank B. & Others....!

B,
Your birdie (JohnnyP.) just shot a hell of a score last Sunday winning the Service Rifle class in the Reading R&R Presidents Match.
Check it out in the results section @ http://www.readinghighpower.com/
Conditions were challenging with light and wind changeing very rapidly...

I thought shooting would be easier after the pressure of legging out was off but I proceeded to shoot a very poor offhand and the vision problems were back @ 600 last Sunday.

I think I may have still been in shock!!!! :)
I think the belief that I actually legged out and the relief to go along with it is just beginning to set in. I think I may actually believe it fully when the medal arrives aand it's posted on the CMP Webpage....

I did put in alot of effort to do it and hard work did pay off just in time to meet my goal of doing it before I turned 50...

I was shoveling snow off a few firing points early this year @ NFGA so I could talk a couple of other insane Sr shooters into practicing with me before i went down to Butner, NC. Did ok down there until I went blind @ 600 in the leg match... That was a long ride home!!!

I got some relief and pleasure with the 2nd place overall finish and the 6 points @ Bolton this spring that totally had me psyched to get it done at the big show in Ohio but I went blind again @ 600 there... rrrrr!

Other shooters @ NFGA matches thought I was insane all year when I would head back to the 200 after nearly every match for more practice...

Oh Well... It don't matter now it finally paid off.... :)
[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom