Newbie MA to CT question

I will be applying for my MA LTC permit (where I live) but my family in CT has tons of land that I plan to practice on. I do not plan on concealed carrying in CT, just taking it to the property and getting in some practice. Does anyone know what I need to make this legal to do in CT? Thanks!

Is that easier to do once you have the MA LTC? I know these states are pains in the you know what...

Would the MFS Basic course satisfy CT's laws? I ask because their course is the 4 hour one and not a 12 hour (I read somewhere CT requires the longer course).

Snakedoc...I suggest you read all the info on the link that Kevlar posted. The 4 hour class doesn't cut it and you need you MA LTC to get your CT non-res.

I did read it--I just don't know all the lingo yet. And yes, the MA LTC is my first and primary order of business. Right now I'm trying to find a MA course that will satisfy both. Might as well keep my options open. Thanks guys.

You need NRA Basic Pistol (8 hr course) to get your CT NR permit.

If you go to the link in my sig line, you can take that course with my buddy Jeff (I don't usually teach this).

Thanks, LenS. He says later in January he will be holding a course.

Also, FYI to anyone interested, Mass Firearms told me they are implementing a CT course to their roster soon (which will suffice for MA laws too).

Back
Top Bottom