• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newbie AR build

I am thinking of buying a complete lower from Bushmaster to put away for when funds accrue.

Question is how interchangeable are the uppers and lowers of different manufacturers? Does Bushmaster only fit Bushmaster?

Or should I just wait for the cash for a complete gun.

I am thinking of buying a complete lower from Bushmaster to put away for when funds accrue.

Question is how interchangeable are the uppers and lowers of different manufacturers? Does Bushmaster only fit Bushmaster?

Or should I just wait for the cash for a complete gun.

Bushmaster and all others will work just fine. Early Colts have a different pivot pin hole, but thats about it.

Thank you. I looked all over AR15.com and could not find anything that explicitly stated this.

Great forum, been lurking for a couple of months looking to go green soon.

Bushmaster and all others will work just fine. Early Colts have a different pivot pin hole, but thats about it.

And there are bushings available to mate Colt Lowers with everyone elses uppers and Colt Uppers with everyone elses lowers.

Hope that helps,

I can do a lower for you to spec on a Spike's or Stag stripped lower. I also stock the piviot pins to put a Colt upper on a standard lower.
Contact me.
John

Back
Top Bottom