New Yorkers shoot fireworks at each other in wild video

Yosemite Sam

NES Member
HOW MUCH FUN IS THIS TO WATCH [rofl]

do you think they hold them GANGSTA style?

Last edited:
We used to have fireworks fights as kids. It took it to a whole new level when we starting getting the roman candles that shot the m80's out of them LOL.
We used to tape those to our bmx bike handle bars, mad Maxx style.

Roman candles versus the single shot bottle rocket always came out on top.

All fun and games until po po caught us.

Last edited:
You know that once the fireworks stop,the real ones,are going to start.

We did some stupid stuff back in the early 80’s. Pontoon boat launching stuff at us on shore one late afternoon. Grabbed a length of 1.5” pipe and would light the big 8oz rockets and take aim. It was all fun and games till one went right over the fuel tanks on the stern just missing them. They left rather quickly. Then it turned into taping M80’s below the exhaust of the rockets and send them up!!
Popo showed up a while later and told us to knock it off. 😂

Relieved by the way this thread went. I had seen the vid somewhere else and it was put in the context of "OMFG LOOK AT THE CHAOS" and I just thought "Meh I did the same". Also cant blame the cops for ignoring pretty much anything and everything these days.

Saw the thread title and was hoping NES wasnt going to fall for the chaos meme. [thumbsup]

At 0:25 it looked like a dude got lit up by someone on his "team". That's the best part of fights like this, no loyalty.

One time we were trying to break into my friend's house when he forgot his key. We sent the skinniest guy up because it was a small window, and while he was fussing with the window we found some Roman candles in the garage. Nothing like shooting fireworks at a friend trapped on a roof. The window was locked.

I still have a nice scar from a roman candle smacking and subsequently burning my left shin. Pants are advisable, but it’s hot, so, oh well. Always felt like a storm trooper blasting poorly aimed lasers at rebel scum.

That was kinda tame. Roman candles are kinda tame. As a kid we would shoot sky rockets (the much larger than bottle rockets) at each other. We would take two pipes, one that fit over each other, but a break in one, so you had a cover sleeve that moved up and down, we would, generally cut the rod shorter, and have a brace so this was on the forearm. Open the sleeve, insert the rocked, light, close the sleeve and then aim. Front opening had a disk to shield as it came out so propellant would not burn hands. We also carried the aluminum trash can lids as shield. Basically think of Ironman blasting out from his palm,. and Cap Amertica with the shields. Burning Roman candle shells will generally bounce off. If they hit skin they can burn, but most time constact is too brief. Sky rockets if they hit, while they bounce. generally stay close enough and then explode

View attachment 366752

Came real close one time.
Was having a bottle rocket fight with some friends of mine.
One struck me in the forehead about 1/2" above my right eye, bounced off then exploded not far from my face.

Good times back then! [banana]
Yup, A friend of my oldest brother actually did shoot his eye out with a BB gun. Guess it really cam happen, who'd a thunk.

The dump cities are going full retard on fireworks during this corona bs. Easily 2-3x more people using them, including f***heads that think blowing them up at 3 or 4 am is great lol.

Back in the late 70's early 80's, there used to be an international bombing competition held at my Base, Barksdale AFB La. They didn't bomb there, lol, part of the comp was to fly to White Sands and hit "targets". Anyways,,, of all the nationalities that could have been put in the TQ next door to the cop barracks, it was always the Ozzies... Every time they came we had bottle rocket fights from barracks to barracks it was f-ing awesome and instead of ending up in fist fights or bad feelings, it always ended in a massive drunken party in the "DMZ" between the barracks. We didn't have to worry about the cops being called lol. Some of my best memories of that base. Never could figure out all the foreign ranks tho.. lol. Paul

The dump cities are going full retard on fireworks during this corona bs. Easily 2-3x more people using them, including f***heads that think blowing them up at 3 or 4 am is great lol.
Chelsea is out of control. Ive never seen so many complaints about fireworks

That was kinda tame. Roman candles are kinda tame. As a kid we would shoot sky rockets (the much larger than bottle rockets) at each other. We would take two pipes, one that fit over each other, but a break in one, so you had a cover sleeve that moved up and down, we would, generally cut the rod shorter, and have a brace so this was on the forearm. Open the sleeve, insert the rocked, light, close the sleeve and then aim. Front opening had a disk to shield as it came out so propellant would not burn hands. We also carried the aluminum trash can lids as shield. Basically think of Ironman blasting out from his palm,. and Cap Amertica with the shields. Burning Roman candle shells will generally bounce off. If they hit skin they can burn, but most time constact is too brief. Sky rockets if they hit, while they bounce. generally stay close enough and then explode

Come at me bro!

ezgif-6-f71be031c0b9.gif

Back
Top Bottom