New Policy Allows Police To Shoot At Fleeing Cars

Neat! I have this odd sense of accomplishment now. Anyway, this seems axiomatic to me. When being shot at one is either (a) innocent, and morally allowed, perhaps even required, to shoot back, or (b) deserving, and thus clearly lacking the sort of moral character that would impede returning fire. Either way, no need to over-think it because the answer is always the same. Always return fire.

I agree completely. I don't know why I never thought of this before. It just seems so simple, so comforting. We waste all this stupid time with these stupid rules in this stupid state twisting in the wind trying to figure out what to do when...In reality it's so so so very simple.

ALWAYS RETURN FIRE.

When someone shoots at you, It doesn't matter who it is. ALWAYS RETURN FIRE

When you're in the military and you're pinned down under fire...what to do? ALWAYS RETURN FIRE

When your door is kicked in and people with guns storm into your house, don't wait to to figure out who they are. ALWAYS RETURN FIRE

Beautiful, simple, clear. ALWAYS RETURN FIRE

Caveat. In Pakistan it's one thing, but in America, there's no such thing as "friendly fire!"

Cool. Gang bangers in the windy city should pimp their rides with these. Or maybe a big ass target on the back. [rolleyes]

BTW: To the person who said the SJC nixed the possibility of this here, Half Cocked was speaking about the recent incident with the armored car guard who shot the fleeing robbers and clearly thought that one could make the argument being made in chicago that the shoot was good because it was to stop someone who one could reasonably believe if they got away would be a danger to society. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom