New Holster

The Village Idiot

Shooting at the big range in heaven. 1952-2009
NES Member
The Live Free Or Keep Voting In dimocrats State
Today I dropped by Mitch Rosen Leather in Manchester and picked up a new "Clipper" IWB holster for my new Glock 27. This is my first leather holster. When I arrived home I had a hell of a time inserting the gun fully into the holster. When I finally seated it, I had a bitchen time drawing it out again. Questions for you knowledgeable types:
Is a tight fit normal for a new leather holster?
If so, will it eventually "break in"?
Could the fact that I have Trigicons installed alter the height of the gun causing a tight fit?

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed

Ed, put the gun in the holster and leave it there for a week, maybe more. Also, put it in and out of the holster. It will conform to your gun soon.

That's the good thing about quality leather gear, it will hold the gun firmly. It does take some time to break it in. Don't do anything to stretch or soften the leather. Just give it time, and use it practicing draws at home before you depend on it out in the world.

I've had new holsters and magazine pouches that were so tight in the beginning that I couldn't even pull the gun out while it was on my belt for weeks after I got it.

The instructions on my desantis speed scabbard say if it's too tight, to put the gun in a thin dress sock and then into the holster for a while. I suppose a freezer bag would accomplish the same thing.

Holster

Today I dropped by Mitch Rosen Leather in Manchester and picked up a new "Clipper" IWB holster for my new Glock 27. This is my first leather holster. When I arrived home I had a hell of a time inserting the gun fully into the holster. When I finally seated it, I had a bitchen time drawing it out again. Questions for you knowledgeable types:
Is a tight fit normal for a new leather holster?
If so, will it eventually "break in"?
Could the fact that I have Trigicons installed alter the height of the gun causing a tight fit?

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed
Mitch has a product something like leather lightning that you can rub into the leather and will speed up the breaking in process.

Don't use anything but time. It will ease up. And last you a LONG time.

Also, wear the holster around the house to help as your body heat and belt will work to break it in as you move about.

+1

I've come to regret leather "treatments". Do not make that mistake.

Back
Top Bottom