• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Class - C&R Recordkeeping

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
A C&R FFL is short for Curio & Relics Federal Firearms License - also known as a Type 03 FFL. This is an inexpensive ($10/year) firearms license intended for collectors. It is a federal firearms license issued by the ATF.

As a C&R holder, you are required to keep specific records of all Acquisitions and Dispositions. The record keeping requirements vary depending on where you get the firearm and how you dispose it.

It is very unlikely that you will ever be audited as a C&R holder, but if you end up in an audit, you'd better make sure that your records are in order. This online class explians in exhaustive detail ALL of the record keeping requirements for a C&R holder.

WHEN: Tuesday December 12, 2023 - 6:30 to 8:00 PM (If you can't make it, you can still view the video - see below)
WHERE: It's an online class, so wherever you are, clothing is optional
HOW MUCH: $30 American. It's a bargain.

You can get info about the class and sign up here.

Why am I qualified to teach this class?
I have an 03 FFL (C&R) and an 07 FFL (Manufacturer). I've had three ATF audits, and passed all without issue. I've dealt with A&D (Acquisition and Disposition) scenarios including, but not limited to:
  • Acquiring a gun from an FFL
  • Acquiring a gun from a private individual
  • Acquiring a gun from yourself
  • Acquiring a gun from a police department
  • Disposing a gun to an 01, 02, or 07 FFL
  • Disposing a gun to an 03 FFL
  • Disposing a gun to a private individual
  • Disposing a gun to a police department
  • Reporting lost or stolen firearms
  • Reporting a destroyed firearm
The class material also includes how to make corrections to your A&D records (a.k.a. your bound book), renew your C&R FFL, report a change of address for an FFL, and how to close out your C&R FFL.

A video of the class will be available to all attendees for 30 days after the class. Attendees will also get access to my C&R resource page, and access to me for Q&A for life (my life I mean - if you outlive me, you're on your own).

My guarantee is this (as always): If you take one of my classes and feel it was not worth it, say the word and I'll issue you a refund on the spot.

Just get the Number 1 question out of the way: Yes, you log it even if you did't "use" your CRFFL.

It doesn't matter if the other party doesn't accept your license, or doesn't even know you have one. You must log all C&Rs acquired or disposed of while licensed. That means during the valid term of your license.

Just get the Number 1 question out of the way: Yes, you log it even if you did't "use" your CRFFL.

It doesn't matter if the other party doesn't accept your license, or doesn't even know you have one. You must log all C&Rs acquired or disposed of while licensed. That means during the valid term of your license.
That's an easy one.

How about if you want to sell a 1969 S&W revolver that you had for 20 years before you got your C&R?

You've got to log it into your A&D book from yourself, and log it out to the buyer - (even on a private face-to-face sale).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom