• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New carry holster: EXCELLENT

Since I wear a suit almost every day, I was considering the purchase of a "tuckable" IWB holster. Since holsters aren't exactly "cheap", I scoured the internet looking for an inexpensive tuckable to try. I figured if I liked it fairly well, then having a custom one made would be the next step.

I stumbled across this model: http://www.desantisholster.com/n91.html, a Desantis ambidextrous model. I figured the versatility would allow me to wear it any way I chose with one holster, including behind the back or cross draw. Since I'm new to carrying the .45 in a suit, this would be a great experiment with little investment.

After wearing it for a day, I really like it and don't plan to look for the "next step" any time soon. Granted, concealing a .45 in a suit isn't easy, but this holster gives you lots of options and is very comfortable to boot.

To top it all off, it only took 1 day to arrive with standard shipping, and they followed my shipping instructions exactly.

I was very impressed with the holster AND the service.

Does it "collapse" when drawn?

Can you re-holster single-handedly?

Does it have an inner tab that covers the safety/hammer area?

Looks like it has promise, but the above questions are important to the practical use of a IWB holster, and they don't usually come cheap.

LenS said:
Does it "collapse" when drawn?

Can you re-holster single-handedly?

Does it have an inner tab that covers the safety/hammer area?

Looks like it has promise, but the above questions are important to the practical use of a IWB holster, and they don't usually come cheap.

It's ballistic nylon, but re-inforced. If my pants aren't too tight, I can reholster it single-handedly.

There is a pad that covers the safety area, but no restraining strap to cover the hammer.

If your pants are really tight, it will collapse, but not like an Uncle Mike's laminate. The front face is squared and re-inforced to keep that portion open.

Back
Top Bottom