• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Bedford 2012 Schedule: USPSA, IDPA & Steel Challenge

The Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford announces their 2012 Action Shooting schedule.

2012 IDPA Mass State Championship will be held on June 2 & 3, 2012.

IDPA: 1st Saturdays from April through November
USPSA: 4th Sundays from April through November
Steel Challenge: two matches planned

Full schedule can be found here: www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/schedules/Schedule_2012.pdf

IDPA 2012 Dates (1st Saturdays):
April 7 (Classifier)
May 5
June 2 & 3 (State Championship)
July 7 - CANCELLED - Replaced with Multi-Gun (not IDPA Multi-Gun)
August 4
September 1
October 6 (Back-Up-Gun)
November 3 (Classifier)

USPSA 2012 Dates (4th Sundays):
April 22
May 27
June 24
July 22
August 26
September 23
October 28 (Shotgun)
November 25 (Rifle)

Steel Challenge 2012 Dates:
March 31
December 1

Multi-Gun (IMG rules / Outlaw style)
July 7 (Saturday) - Pre-Registartion required

We're also hosting 2 seminars for being a range officer. Both require pre-registration.
- USPSA on March 24 & 25, 2012
Link for details: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...A-NROI-RO-LEVEL-1-COURSE-March-24-amp-25-2012
- IDPA on April 14, 2012
Link for details: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/148281-IDPA-Safety-Officer-Seminar-April-14-2012

Note: Schedule subject to change. Always check the club's website for the most up-to-date schedule.

Registration starts at 9:00am, shooting starts at 9:30am.

Regular monthly matches are typically 5 or 6 stages. Monthly match fees: USPSA=$20, IDPA=$15, Steel Challenge=$15 (juniors $10).

The IDPA Mass State Championship requires pre-registration ($75 if entered before 5/1/2012, $85).

Multi-Gun on July 7 requires pre-registration. For detals and rules, please see this thread:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...un-New-Bedford-7-7-2012?p=2394244#post2394244

New shooters always welcome. Eye & ear protection required by everyone on the range (competitors and spectators).

For more details, please visit the club's website at: www.rodgun-nb.org

Last edited:
Thanks Dave! Now that the season is over, I am already looking forward to next season! I have already signed up for both seminars and look forward to shooting as many of the matches as I can.

Thanks for posting this event schedule - I have marked them on my calender and plan on making it over to NB this upcoming season.

I have not been classified in IDPA yet, so I have a question. Will the April IDPA classifier be before registration of the MA IDPA championship opens?

newport- usually you can register- that's not the issue. You just need to be classified before you SHOOT the match.

I may attend the IDPA Classifier on 11/3. It will be my first time participating. Any pointers?

1) Be safe
2) Have fun
3) Be accurate. Dropping points really hurts your score. Many folks shoot too fast and drop lots and lots of points, especially on stage 3. If you drop 40 points, that adds 20 seconds to your time. Now you can't take forever to get good hits so you do need to be quick about it, it's a balance, but you need good hits.

PS: bring lots of ammo. The classifier is a 90 round course of fire. You may need to re-shoot a stage (say if the clock malfunctions or something). You might want to shoot it a second time. Bring 100 more than you think you'll need. You can always bring the extra home with you after the match, but not having enough to finish a match - that sux.

Good luck!

I assume 10rds per mag is the limit? thanks again guys!

Yup, 10 rounds per mag, though there are a couple strings where you start downloaded per the course of fire. You can get through the classifier match with just 2 mags but you'll need to do lots of refilling of the mags. Each 30 round stage is shot from start to finish for each shooter (multiple strings but you shoot all the strings in the stage when it's your turn). Having 4 or 5 mags makes it much easier.

Another question guys... I am not a member of the IDPA (if there is such a thing?)... so is that going to be an issue?

You're allowed to shoot your first IDPA match without having to be an IDPA member. If you're not an IDPA member, shooting the classifier as your first match is fine, but you do not actually get an official classification without being an IDPA member.

You're allowed to shoot your first IDPA match without having to be an IDPA member. If you're not an IDPA member, shooting the classifier as your first match is fine, but you do not actually get an official classification without being an IDPA member.

How do I go about becoming a member. Can I sign up and pay a fee there @ the event, or do it online/ Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom