New acquisitions

I was out prowling today and found a pair of Mosin's that had my name on them. One is a 1917 Russian/Finned M91 with a two piece Finn stock, counterbored barrel, nice rifleing and matching bolt. The other is a 1943 Finnish Tikka M91/30, two piece stock, like new bore and matching bolt. I bought the pair for $300.00 out the door. [grin]

What ! No Pictures ? [thinking]

Sounds like a nice find tho...

The Finn M91/30 has what appears to be a Tung oil or True oil finish and is in excellent condition. The M91 has an original Finnish finish on the stock. [grin] Hhhm, is that right. I have to sneak them into the house first before I can shoot some pictures of them. I will try to do that tomorrow and post them up here. [grin]

That Tikka is nice, especially the stacked front sight [wink]

Yup, Your right about the front sight. The bore on that 1917 Ruskie Mosin cleaned up really nice too. I think I'll try to pop a few rounds through these before I put them away. I've got some handloads kicking around I want to try out.

maggot.jpg

I knew I wasn't alone on that issue.

Here's the Finnish M91/30. I do have a set of Finnish stock swivels to use on this rifle.
The last two photos are of the 1917 Ruskie M91.

DSC01040.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

DSC01037.jpg

Last edited:
I need to post what there?

Your pics !
Which are nice BTW Thanks for sharing !

We generally have one thread for each month so we can all find the gUn PrOn and oogle all the purty guns in one place !

Nothing sez ya gots to do it that way tho... [grin]

Ok, I can do that. I surely don't want to be the gun nut of the month. These are my first gun purchases in almost a year.

Well here is what I found.

18. the surface coating or texture of wood, metal, etc.

Even though it sounds funny. It appears to be correct. The Finnish rifle in fact has a Finnish stock finish installed on it. How's that, a little bit better? I'm sure I could do better.

Back
Top Bottom