New Acquisitions (with Pics)

Here are some pics of some new collectables I got in.

001_1.jpg

The 1911 is an actual Colt with a S/N of 61210 that puts its date of manufacture around Jan. 1913 to Aug. 19, 1913. I will be getting the original mag for it in a couple of days.

002_2.jpg

008_8.jpg

That is a Sprinfield Armory Model 1903 Mk I. We pegged its manufacture date to be around 1919 and it has the Pederson Device cut out.

We are still trying to figure out the information on Luger, but it was taken off of a Nazi Officer by his Grandpa and brought back as a trophy. That is the original holster that came with the gun and was made in 1915ish. Date of manufacture for the holster is actually branded into the back of the holster.

We know it was made by Mauser & Werke (1937-1940)

003_3.jpg

009_9.jpg

005_5.jpg

004_4.jpg

007_7.jpg

Last edited:
nice very nice but one question how come every Luger I ever saw ALWAYS came off a dead german officer and never a live one? You would think that any german officer worth his salt would be getting rid of his Luger seeing as the mortality rate with one was rather high

skald,

Check out your Luger with Paul Dias, he has some expertise with these old collectibles. Tell Paul that I sent you.

Auction Gallery of Paul J Dias
30 East Washington St, Rte 58
Hanson, MA 02341-1126
(781) 447-9057

Call first, he's warned me that he's out of his office a lot of time.

Highlander posted:
nice very nice but one question how come every Luger I ever saw ALWAYS came off a dead german officer and never a live
one?

Well, to be a contrarian . . .

I have a German Luger that my late Father took off a LIVE German Army Major at the end of the war. I also have the "capture papers" authorizing my late Father to bring it home as a souvenir, as well as the Major's dress dagger.

Last edited:
Highlander posted:

I have a German Luger that my late Father took off a LIVE German Army Major at the end of the war. I also have the "capture papers" authorizing my late Father to bring it home as a souvenir, as well as the Major's dress dagger.

PwN3d!

And accordingly, ... we need pics of both. [smile]

PwN3d!

And accordingly, ... we need pics of both. [smile]

My first C&R was a German Luger, WWII capture by my late Father. Given to me by my late Mother and Father in 1976. It was the 4th gun that I owned.
Sorry no photos yet. But here's the holster, made in 1937.
66aa20d2.jpg

Dress Dagger:
5e128c51.jpg

Bayonet - not sure if it came off the same soldier or not, but it was also a war trophy. The leather is very rough (cracked), but the bayonet is in excellent shape.
5e128c51-1.jpg

Len, the bayo in the last pic is a dress bayonet "Ausgehbajonett".

@Skald
Once your Luger was made by Mauserwerke in the 1937 - 1939 time frame, it
must show "S/42" as the maker code on the toggle and the year of manufacture on the chamber.

Yes, I knew it to be a dress bayonet and the red felt is still in the mounting slot!

The Luger is a Mauserwerke, 1937 /S42, low 4-digit S/N with no letters.

Highlander posted:

AT LAST A LIVE GERMAN OFFICER !!!!![laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

No, its nickel. They nickel plated them starting around 800,000.

And I am going to try for better picks in a bit.

I hate to disappoint you Skald, but no 03's were plated unless someone did it on their own.

The 800,000 number refers to the serial number where the heat treating was corrected so they wouldn't come apart in your face.

Sorry, my bad, it was Nickel steel and not plating, and would show you to see if it was added on later or part of the original.

Everything that I can see in the pic indicates all the shiny stuff was either swapped out or original stuff was plated later. All those parts should be blued or parked...there were no nickeled or chromed parts on issue rifle. I suspect it was a parade or drill rifle.

Back
Top Bottom