New Acquisitions for May 2016

My wife's uncle gifted me some bayonets over the weekend. Not a big milsurp guy, but find these cool. Do you guys generally clean them up, or leave them as is?

My wife's uncle gifted me some bayonets over the weekend. Not a big milsurp guy, but find these cool. Do you guys generally clean them up, or leave them as is?

I wouldn't do anymore than just slap some oil on them.

That sawback bayonet might be worth a little bit of $$$. A lot of them had the saw tooth part ground off over the years. Might be worth asking in the mil-surp section.

I wouldn't do anymore than just slap some oil on them.

That sawback bayonet might be worth a little bit of $$$. A lot of them had the saw tooth part ground off over the years. Might be worth asking in the mil-surp section.

Cool. Thank you.

A couple of Belgian copies. The top one is a copy of the S&W Double Action Frontier in .44-40. Tight lock up and excellent bore. Maker unknown, but has Liege proofmarks. The lower one is a copy of a Webley Bulldog in .442 (.44 Webley) made by Lambin & Theate made sometime between 1886 and 1894. Both are actually pretty well made and will be shot soon.

How complicated was finishing the Spectre? I've been tossing around the thought of ordering one of those.

I haven't built it yet, but I have done an AR Lower using the Polymer80 Jig so I am familiar with them. My brother and I went in together and bought a very lightly used Grizzly mill for aluminum lowers, stuff like this and some other projects so it will be really easy. That said, there are a few videos online of people doing them freehand with simple tools. I think if you bought one of those drill press jigs for a dremel you could get it done. The trickiest part would be milling the rear slide bits...making sure you were absolutely square. The rest of it would be pretty easy to do and their own how to video uses a drill press.

I'll get mine done in the next few weeks and post up some pictures somewhere here.

Bought my first carry gun. S&W M&P9c

20626e31e161d47bf5c03d11f5d90281.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Well my Wife asked what I wanted for my birthday today ...
My answer was a Just Right Carbine Gen3 9mm with the Glock mag.
I called a dealer in Hudson, MA (Undercover Arms) back at the beginning of April just
to see if they had any. They did but I had a health issue before I could find the time
to go see/buy it. So I took a chance this morning to see if they still had it.
So this afternoon it is now MINE ! Can't wait to hit the range with it.
I have to get some type of sights for it. I am new to gun ownership and
not sure what to get. I only paid $800 with tax and only want it to shoot
at the range. Would like to stay in the $100 to $200 dollar range.
Any thoughts on what to get ?
Thanks ...
Rob ...

Well my Wife asked what I wanted for my birthday today ...
My answer was a Just Right Carbine Gen3 9mm with the Glock mag.
I called a dealer in Hudson, MA (Undercover Arms) back at the beginning of April just
to see if they had any. They did but I had a health issue before I could find the time
to go see/buy it. So I took a chance this morning to see if they still had it.
So this afternoon it is now MINE ! Can't wait to hit the range with it.
I have to get some type of sights for it. I am new to gun ownership and
not sure what to get. I only paid $800 with tax and only want it to shoot
at the range. Would like to stay in the $100 to $200 dollar range.
Any thoughts on what to get ?
Thanks ...
Rob ...

I'd recommend a red dot sight from Primary Arms. They are good quality for the money and are great for a range gun.

rv4aS1A.jpg

I need wood grips.

Broke it in lightly tonight, ran flawless, of course.

I have wood grips for CZ 75, thin profile, Cocobolo made by Tom Oleson viking-grips.com. The gun is long gone, but grips remain. Do you wish to buy? PM me if you wish, I'll find the grips and send you photos.

Add to big metal bin this month, our first hunting rifle: Browning BLR Model 81 (1988), .308 Winchester

Found used at my LGS rack, and hardly at that. If that was shot less than a mag's worth I would be surprised after I inspected and re-oiled it. It will pair nicely with my wife's Browning BL-22 lever gun.

Add to big metal bin this month, our first hunting rifle: Browning BLR Model 81 (1988), .308 Winchester

Found used at my LGS rack, and hardly at that. If that was shot less than a mag's worth I would be surprised after I inspected and re-oiled it. It will pair nicely with my wife's Browning BL-22 lever gun.

Very nice

9070dc59a3eed64e17c2198ead38603b.jpg

I got a son who isn't sure how much he likes this noisy place. Born yesterday at 5:09pm. He weighs 8#9.5oz and is 20" long. Absolutely amazing.

LOL, great face in that pic and congrats! Nothing greater than this.

Back
Top Bottom