New acquisitions for May 2013

image_zpsf2450805.jpg

Got my first auto knife. Microtech Ultratech Zombie Limited Edition. This thing is awesome! The "blood splatter" is unique on each knife. It is razor sharp, easily shaved my arm hair. Too bad it's illegal here to carry it. [sad]

Picked this old girl up April 30th.
Very nice!

Got my first auto knife. Microtech Ultratech Zombie Limited Edition. This thing is awesome! The "blood splatter" is unique on each knife. It is razor sharp, easily shaved my arm hair. Too bad it's illegal here to carry it. [sad]
You're not going to bring this to a gun fight, right?

Alrighty, not a gun but is going to save me a lot of money on my next build.
20130417_164104.jpg

Picked this up real cheap. It is heavy as a bastard, approx 3300lbs. Came with some tooling, a 3 jaw and a 4 jaw chuck, a nice tool holder with a few attachments.

Now I just need to get this baby hooked up and running, then learn how to use it. Ive seen it done on TV a couple times, shouldnt be too hard... [smile]

20130417_164104.jpg

Picked this up real cheap. It is heavy as a bastard, approx 3300lbs. Came with some tooling, a 3 jaw and a 4 jaw chuck, a nice tool holder with a few attachments.

Now I just need to get this baby hooked up and running, then learn how to use it. Ive seen it done on TV a couple times, shouldnt be too hard... [smile]

Damn! What are you planning to build?

I'd be disappointed for anything smaller than an M1 Abrams. Congrats! And keep Boris away from it!

I think Boris was already plotting a way to steal it, I found a few spashes of vodka around it the other day.

I have a few Rem 700 I want to true up and rebarrel. I already have a Kreiger 6.5 barrel that is either going 6.5 SAUM or another 260. Havent decided yet.

Color me jealous, I need one bad.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm sorry.

i kid, i kid. go shoot that ammo, why is it still in the box and not your gun?!

It is still worth more in the box.

20130417_164104.jpg

Well done! Nice score! I used to run several of its bigger brothers up to a 24" x 96", though my favorite was still the 15" x 54" (same as yours?) Servo Shift toolroom version sporting a 7.5 Hp motor, 1800 RPM top end, nice big 3" hole through spindle and in/mm dials. You are going to love this machine. The weakest point on this machine is the Servo shift mechanism, everything else is rock solid assuming it hasn't been abused. If you have any questions on its operation, please PM me!

No chip-pan, splash guard and coolant pump?

Good luck!

Well done! Nice score! I used to run several of its bigger brothers up to a 24" x 96", though my favorite was still the 15" x 54" (same as yours?) Servo Shift toolroom version sporting a 7.5 Hp motor, 1800 RPM top end, nice big 3" hole through spindle and in/mm dials. You are going to love this machine. The weakest point on this machine is the Servo shift mechanism, everything else is rock solid assuming it hasn't been abused. If you have any questions on its operation, please PM me!

No chip-pan, splash guard and coolant pump?

Good luck!

I believe this a 15x30, It has everything but a coolant pump, it has the catch pan and spash guard, I took them off when putting it in the garage. This one is like new, 5hp 1800rpm

20130417_164104.jpg

So.........damn.........jealous.........

If I knew what to look for, I would be SO in for a used mill and lathe. Way more bang for the buck.

Pic
dutyzy5e.jpg

Picked up a new Rock Island Armory tactical from Collectable Arms and Ammo last Wednesday and took it to the range today . The finish is not the greatest light tooling marks here and there but it is fitted tight and has a respectable trigger.

I put 50 rounds of 200gr swc cast through it and I was impressed with the groups it printed. It did shoot a little low but I believe it was do to the light bullets, 230gr should but it right on POA. The target in the photo is one of the groups from today the distance was 15 yards.

Guess who's going to be the loudest, most obnoxious guy at the range tomorrow? That Guy! Finally picked up a Mosin - been waiting to find one at essentially non-panic price and was able to do so today.

Tula receiver, matching numbers. I spent the afternoon getting as much cosmoline off as possible, but it really wasn't too bad anyway.

20130507_163604.jpg 20130507_163619.jpg

Back
Top Bottom