New Acquisitions For March 2010

Knob Creek and Ol Doc... I hate you both! [wink] Really nice Colts guys.

I picked this up today at Collectors. Usually I wouldn't get super excited about your average Mossy shotgun, but this neat survival kit caught my eye. I guess I was just itchy to buy a new firearm after going to Wilmington today and leaving with only ammo and other odds and ends.

12 guage Mossberg chambered for 3" shells.
On the back of the little sardine can is a list of what's inside. Check it out:

1 compass
2 cubes of fire starter
3.8' of multi-use cord
1 survival/first aid pamphlet
3' of multi-use wire
4 waterproof matches
101' of fishing line/ sewing thread
1 bouillon soup packet
1 tea bag
1 sugar packet
1 match book
2 antiseptic swabs
1 razor blade
3 twist ties
1' of duct tape
1 signal mirror
1 zip lock bag
2 bandages
2 nails
2 safety pins
2 fish hooks
1 signal whistle
1 piece of chewing gum
1 sewing needle
1 energy candy
1 note paper
1 pencil

[shocked] How the heck did they fit all that in there? Hopefully my curiosity will not get the better of me before doomsday! [laugh]

016.jpg

Last edited:
very nice. i was thinking that would make a great start to a good LTR after fitting it with a sling and tech sights. hows the fit/finish and trigger?

I believe I saw one of these today. Upstairs at Collectors Gallery in Stoneham

Picked up this at the show today. It was my girlfriends first time at a gun show and she picked this one out for me after we narrowed it down to a couple. It's a 1966 Remington 1100, it was in unfired condition and clearly had been sitting for a LONG time. The inside of the barrel was growing fur. Once I stripped it all and cleaned it up, it's gorgeous. The barrel is a mirror inside, not even a speck on it. The outside is pristine, no scratches, no dings, no rust pitting. I took it to the range and made sure it fired, and now it's coming to a pheasant shoot with me in NY tomorrow.

DSC01869.jpg

Also bought 1 lb of the beef jerky and some smoked cheese from the vendor at the show. It's the best, nothing comes close.

Almost done with my first AR

Spikes Tactical lower
Stag LPK
Olympic upper and bull barrel.
YHM rifle length diamond rail.

DSC04087.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, i've had it out a few times. It shoots great. I think I'm going to go for a lightweight build on the next one. This thing is a tank lol.

Knob Creek and Ol Doc... I hate you both! [wink] Really nice Colts guys.

I picked this up today at Collectors. Usually I wouldn't get super excited about your average Mossy shotgun, but this neat survival kit caught my eye. I guess I was just itchy to buy a new firearm after going to Wilmington today and leaving with only ammo and other odds and ends.

12 guage Mossberg chambered for 3" shells.
On the back of the little sardine can is a list of what's inside. Check it out:

1 compass
2 cubes of fire starter
3.8' of multi-use cord
1 survival/first aid pamphlet
3' of multi-use wire
4 waterproof matches
101' of fishing line/ sewing thread
1 bouillon soup packet
1 tea bag
1 sugar packet
1 match book
2 antiseptic swabs
1 razor blade
3 twist ties
1' of duct tape
1 signal mirror
1 zip lock bag
2 bandages
2 nails
2 safety pins
2 fish hooks
1 signal whistle
1 piece of chewing gum
1 sewing needle
1 energy candy
1 note paper
1 pencil

[shocked] How the heck did they fit all that in there? Hopefully my curiosity will not get the better of me before doomsday! [laugh]

016.jpg

I dunno why but when I started reading your list of what was in the kit I just had this vision of Major Kong (Slim Pickens) reading it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5qqfsQGYus

Two birthday presents to myself!
The First is a Mossberg 695 12ga 2.75/3.0 Bolt Action Slug Gun

The Second is a S&W 6904 in 9mm, with 5 12 round mags.

Attachments

• IMG_0494..jpg
    IMG_0494..jpg
    117 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0492..JPG
    IMG_0492..JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
In before the rebate ends. New SIG556 Switched Fish Gills to Swiss Style. Will be adding new stock soon.

SIG5562.jpg
[/IMG]

SIG551.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry for the crappy pic. Been waiting since October for the barrel, and it finally showed up this weekend. It's the last critical piece in my Mk12 Mod 1 build:

IMG00108.jpg

18" Centurian Arms SPR Barrel w pinned gas block - This thing is the real deal. Monty is the only supplier of these to the civilian market if anyone else is in the market.

Also in the pic:
Ops Inc. Muzzle Break and collar
NES 2008 Group Buy Upper and Lower
BCM GunFighter Charging Handle
LMT BCG
Magpul BAD Lever

The stock, rail, barrel nut and gas tube are on their way and should be here by the end of the week. Then I have to eat the cost of a scope and mount at some point to finish her off.

Last edited:
Picked up this at the show today. It was my girlfriends first time at a gun show and she picked this one out for me after we narrowed it down to a couple. It's a 1966 Remington 1100, it was in unfired condition and clearly had been sitting for a LONG time. The inside of the barrel was growing fur. Once I stripped it all and cleaned it up, it's gorgeous. The barrel is a mirror inside, not even a speck on it. The outside is pristine, no scratches, no dings, no rust pitting. I took it to the range and made sure it fired, and now it's coming to a pheasant shoot with me in NY tomorrow.

DSC01869.jpg

Just a quick update, took this thing hunting on Sunday. It performed absolutely flawlessly. I think I got this for a deal and a half at the gun show. Had the dealer just spent the 30 minutes to clean it he probably could have got more for it.

Just a quick update, took this thing hunting on Sunday. It performed absolutely flawlessly. I think I got this for a deal and a half at the gun show. Had the dealer just spent the 30 minutes to clean it he probably could have got more for it.

Every once in a while you find a gem...congrats on the steal!

the fruits of my AKM build

I built a romy G AKM with 3 of my college friends and my twin brother. It was by far one of the coolest things I've ever done in my entire life. We spent a whole weekend in Ohio at my friends house grinding down the parts kits, pressing out the barrels, riveting the parts up to the new receivers, and then buttoning them up. I still need to thoroughly clean mine up and finish the metal and possibly the wood and repair a rear rivet, but it's quite a nice shooter. Very accurate. I had to make mine MA legal, so it doesn't have the nice folding stocks, bayonet lugs, or removable muzzle brakes that my buddies have. [crying]

And here's a video of the rifles in action. Sha-wing!

we do have some trigger group work left to do on most of the rifles, but it shouldn't be anything more than some filing and polishing of some parts. I'm thinking about doing a write up or a 'how to build an AKM' for the build it yourself section of the forums. I documented the build with many short videos and pictures, so it'd be pretty complete. There are so many many things I learned from this. Tips and tricks from gunco.net got me so far. Personal experience teaches you the rest.

bonus points for anyone who can translate this [wink]
0215001954.jpg

Edit: HERE is the How To Build an AK thread [grin]

Last edited by a moderator:
danboRuger.jpg

Picked up this Ruger SR22 at the Wilmington Gun Show this weekend. Now I am pricing out getting it painted thinking either digital camo pink and black or just may have a friend do some pin striping on it. Also cannot wait to get some accessories for it.

I built a romy G AKM with 3 of my college friends and my twin brother. It was by far one of the coolest things I've ever done in my entire life. We spent a whole weekend in Ohio at my friends house grinding down the parts kits, pressing out the barrels, riveting the parts up to the new receivers, and then buttoning them up. I still need to thoroughly clean mine up and finish the metal and possibly the wood and repair a rear rivet, but it's quite a nice shooter. Very accurate. I had to make mine MA legal, so it doesn't have the nice folding stocks, bayonet lugs, or removable muzzle brakes that my buddies have. [crying]

Very cool Flintoid! Jealous!!! When we going to the range again? Its getting warm and a I have that new 1911 project to put through its paces. I was thinking of heading down this weekend, care to meet me?

I haven't been able to add any new acquisitions in a while... so I'm happy to join back in the fun [smile]

Say hello to my new Kahr MK9 Elite 2003 [smile]

I've been looking for one of these for a while now and finally found a pretty sweet deal on one NIB.

I put 200 rounds of WWB and 50 rounds of Federal HST through her with only 1 stovepipe on round # 115 due to user error.

With the MK9 and PM9 series (so I've read), with a slide locked back, after you insert a loaded magazine you must use the slide release lever to chamber the firearm. If you use your weak hand to slingshot the slide into battery you can cause the second round in the magazine to go nose down, therefore causing a stovepipe and potentially a misfeed after the first round is fired. Needless to say, I used the slingshot method to chamber that first round and I did indeed get the stovepipe. I used the slide release lever method the rest of the time and had no issues at all.

I got this gun to replace my S&W Model 60 as my deep concealment firearm... mostly because I can't shoot my J frame to save my life [thinking] And ain't that the point of the gun?! However I can certainly shoot the MK9 [smile] I put the first 6 rounds into a 3 inch group at 21ft. I'm VERY happy with it. But man... after 250 rounds in one range session... this is NOT a range fun gun [wink]

ANYWAY... on to the pitchers...

IMG_7803.jpg

IMG_7813.jpg

IMG_7834.jpg

IMG_7845.jpg

IMG_7849.jpg

IMG_7864.jpg

IMG_7871.jpg

IMG_7880.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom