need revolver sight upgrades

Looking to upgrade my S&W 686 sights for the upcoming IDPA season. They are currently stock (white outline rear with red ramp front sight). My SSP guns all have tritium fronts and plain black rears...ideally I'd like this for the 686 as well.

What good brands are out there?

LPA rear sight. SDM FO front, This is a great setup and pretty standard for IDPA style shooting...Try Brownells or Midway for pricing

Bowen Classic plain black rear, Hi Viz front in the color of your choice unless you like a narrow front. Then I would suggest a front sight from Protocall Design. I believe Warren makes front sights as narrow as .090

more info on this? I couldn't find it on their website

Yea, it still isn't shown on their web site, but they have it at least for K and L frames if you call. It looks very much like the Weigand rear sight. This is a picture of the Weigand sight:

SW125.jpg

The difference is that the Weigand rear sight is aluminum and thus soft and easily damaged. The Apex Tactical rear sight is steel. It normally comes with a 0.125" notch, which is too narrow for me. They opened up the rear notch to 0.140" for me for a nominal fee.

What I like about this rear sight is that it is very clean and doesn't attract my eyes. The standard Smith & Wesson rear sight, whether black or white outline, is just too visually busy for me -- they attract my eyes when I want to be focusing on the front sight:

images

Back
Top Bottom