• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need help picking next purchase- G27 or S&W 1911

I know, what a strange decision but here's the deal. I have a G26 and Sig P239 and love the smaller hand guns. I recently picked up the G26 and just love it- it's a charm to shoot. I have a P245 and couple other Sigs too (226,228, 229 .40). But... I really would like to have a nice .45 in the 1911 flavor and those .45s are growing on me. I swear that these are the last two guns I'll need. [roll] Comments?

Thanks

I swear that these are the last two guns I'll need. Rolling Eyes Comments?

Who cares what you "need". It's what you want. Okay, and need.

I have both the G27 and the S&W 1911SC. Both are good handguns with slightly different uses (at leat as far as I am concerned).

The G27 is a bit stouter in the recoil department than the G26. Not unmanageable just stronger. I am beginning to think that a .40 S&W or a .45 ACP is a better choice than a 9mm in some cases.

The S&W 1911SC is similar in that the light frame makes recoil stronger. I never thought that I would like a S&W 1911 but this one seems to be quite good.

My experience with both leads me to recommend either as a good handgun to purchase. But you should try them first if you can to see what you think.

They are kinda apple and oranges, what do you plan to use the gun for?

I like the fullsize 1911, but the SC carries nicer

The g27 is nice and compact and super reliable.

If you would like to try either, I have a 1911 and have a family member that is looking to sell a g27

Supermoto said:
They are kinda apple and oranges, what do you plan to use the gun for?

I like the fullsize 1911, but the SC carries nicer

The g27 is nice and compact and super reliable.

If you would like to try either, I have a 1911 and have a family member that is looking to sell a g27

Yeah- I realize it's apples and oranges and I realize it's strange. I don't "need" another carry gun as I'm fine with my P239 or G26 and I don't "need" a 1911 (wouldn't carry) but I just would love to have another nice/different .45. Two different animals for sure but I like apples and oranges. [wink]

I would go with the 1911
My smith has been 100%
shoots awesome, especially with a trigger job by Greg Derr.

I shot a G21 the other day, the slide is so wide it was like looking over the hood of a bus [lol]

I swear that these are the last two guns I'll need. Comments?

Do yourself a favor and buy BOTH of them. That's what I would do!!! You'll always buy guns that you don't need. We all do it and will always continue doing it.

Pete

No civilian "needs" a gun. You, I, and most on this forum choose to own/carry guns. If you can legally own them, can demonstrate responsible, safe ownership, and have no financial difficulty: BUY ALL THE GUNS YOU WANT !!! Get them both. If you don't like either, you can certainly find someone on the NES classifieds to take either off your hands, recovering some (or all) of your money. Have fun.

Chris

Do yourself a favor and buy BOTH of them.
This is indeed demonstrably the correct answer. :D

But if you can only afford 1, I'd say get the 1911 -- you've already got a Glock 26 so a Glock 27 is pretty much the same flavor, just a tad spicier. The 1911 is a different dish entirely.

Back
Top Bottom