1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Need help for a potential trade

Discussion in 'Mil Surp Collectors' started by majspud, Jun 8, 2017.

1. majspud

majspud NES Life Member NES Member

Working on trading my three remaining CW muskets to a gun store in FL (for a display) for a DOT43 and a Browning Hi-power. The DOT has a mismatched floor plate and a seeming cracked hardwood stock from trigger guard rear screw to sling cut out. The stock is matched; he's taking it apart now.

The Browning looks good from what I can see, but I know nothing about these. He's looking for $1300 value for the Browning, and the DOT is in Negotiation and I'm thinking $1200 for that.

There is also a M16 Stahlhelm that I haven't gotten pictures for yet, bayonets, etc.

School me on the hi-power.

My three CW rifles are $2700-ish; they have original bayonets, and reproduction slings and tompions. Trade could be just for the DOT. They're also interested in all my uniforms. They also have a boltMM 27 Erma and other mismatched pieces.

thanks,

t

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      129.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      136.7 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      177.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      114.6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      147.7 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      149.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      54.9 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      56.9 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      114.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  2. majspud

majspud NES Life Member NES Member

more:

t

Attached Files:

3. bluebanana

bluebanana

The Hi Power is a standard Waffenampt proofed (WaA 140) model.

Blue Book value for 95% condition is $700. The one you have is even less than that.

4. 76Too

76Too NES Member

With wood (walnut, not Bakelite) grips, standard (non tangent) sights, with a holster and I'm assuming a magazine...in the condition it's in...I'd have paid around $900 when I bought mine...maybe a little more. That being said, I paid almost $1300 for mine with two original magazines, Bakelite grips, standard sights, and a promise that when the guy found the holster he would send it to me...super dumb idea to trust him I guess because I never got it. My pistol is barely touched, however, and I'm not even certain how it remained in such good condition...carried by an officer perhaps? Mine is also a b suffix.

I'm not sure how much you want one, but I wouldn't take his value. You could get a tangent sights model in nice shape for $1200.