Need a small part

Garys

NES Member
A really small part. There is a pin that holds the rear sight pin in place on the SMLE. Anyone who's taken one apart knows what I mean. I broke the one in one of my rifles while disassembling the rifle for cleaning. I tried Numrich, but the part I thought was the correct one is actually the rear sight pin itself. Anyone have any ideas on where I might get one?

Thanks,

Gary

Call Numrich direct and explain what you need. I've had luck doing that before.
Try Sarco yet? Maybe you'll have to buy a complete sight assembly for that 1 part, that would suck.

Thanks Jon, I'll try that. I looked at Sarco, but no dice. Maybe I'll call them to. The rifle is now back together except for the rear site. It cleaned up very nicely.

Gary

Thanks again. I've also posted an inquiry on the smellyshooters list on Yahoogroups. I hope I'm not the first person who's had this problem and someone will come up with an answer for me.

Gary

The pins are about 0.050" diameter.
Apiece of a large paper clip. The shank of a small twist drill. A push pin or heavy sewing needle. A section of a coil spring. A common decapping pin turned down with some sandpaper in your electric drill.
There's got to be a million sources of material in any home workshop.

jhrosier said:
The pins are about 0.050" diameter.
Apiece of a large paper clip. The shank of a small twist drill. A push pin or heavy sewing needle. A section of a coil spring. A common decapping pin turned down with some sandpaper in your electric drill.
There's got to be a million sources of material in any home workshop.

I used a peice from a Binder Clip and turned it down using a Dremel Tool and flat file. After I cut it to the proper length I used a BBQ lighter to heat it and then quenched it in 3in1 oil to harden it. The heating process turns it a nice gun metal black that matches the rest of the rifle.

Gary

No joy on Ebay and I didn't even think of Gunbroker.com. In any case, the part it replaced for now. If I ever come across the factory part, I'll change it out.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom