Need a fishing buddy

Gate 8, Gate 32 and Gate 43 all rent boats. 14 foot aluminums with 10 hp motors. Best fishing is out of Gate 43 IMHO

Gate 43 always produced for me when I was a kid.
Grew up about 2 miles up the road.
We would hit Muddy Brook for native brookies on the way to gate 43 then bike to the dam.
Back then we used to fish right off the horseshoe dam and if we were lucky and had money from pitchin hay bales or milking cows would rent a boat for ten bucks.
Good times.....
How much does boat rental cost nowadays?
Is the upper portion above the horseshoe dam still closed to motorboats?
Back then it was canoes and row boats only.

Gate 43 always produced for me when I was a kid.
Grew up about 2 miles up the road.
We would hit Muddy Brook for native brookies on the way to gate 43 then bike to the dam.
Back then we used to fish right off the horseshoe dam and if we were lucky and had money from pitchin hay bales or milking cows would rent a boat for ten bucks.
Good times.....
How much does boat rental cost nowadays?
Is the upper portion above the horseshoe dam still closed to motorboats?
Back then it was canoes and row boats only.

Above the dam is potapaug pond and you can put motor boats (your or theirs) in there. It is about 30.00 for a full day rental.

THUS MY NAME

Its funny how much of a local colloquialism that is.
I mention it down here on Nantucket and people have no clue what Im talking about.
Only person I have met down here who knew what a kiver (kivver?) was came from Sterling.
We had a few other names for things, like the clumps of grass you see in a swamp , but Im not going to mention them here.....

Back
Top Bottom